Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Dene Tribe\'s Poker Tournament Evaluation System is a Rip-Off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Published where? Please provide your citation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I published it on my computer, and burnt a disc as proof.

I sent it around to a bunch of friends, probably about the same number of people who read your book.

You're lucky I didn't file a patent or trademark it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem peevish--perhaps because you lacked the discipline and motivation necessary to write a 365 page book, and get it published?

That is your problem, and certainly not a concern of Mr. Snyder's.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Published where? Please provide your citation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I published it on my computer, and burnt a disc as proof.

I sent it around to a bunch of friends, probably about the same number of people who read your book.

You're lucky I didn't file a patent or trademark it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem peevish--perhaps because you lacked the discipline and motivation necessary to write a 365 page book, and get it published?

That is your problem, and certainly not a concern of Mr. Snyder's.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I guess I was too busy working on my Ph.D. thesis with 1000 references to bother publishing poker stuff. BTW, what kind of loser publishes poker stuff?

Also, I should point out that your husband started all this whinging. I was just pointing out that like my emails, noone read your husband's book and therefore it's going to be hard to know to cite him. That's the Truth Ruth!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I should point out that your husband started all this whinging. I was just pointing out that like my emails, noone read your husband's book and therefore it's going to be hard to know to cite him. That's the Truth Ruth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again you're confused. I'm not sure if Malo is a man or a woman, but surely he/she isn't Arnold's wife. Her handle is well known to anyone who has followed any of the threads regarding the PTF.

You're obviously well plugged into the book business and know how many copies of the PTF have been sold. I'm interested in the number. Your source of the information would be valuable to gauge your credibility (or lack of) as well.

In any case stating that "no one" has read the book and "therefore it's going to be hard to know to cite him" is an idiotic statement that is demonstrably false unless you're going to claim that Mason reviewed the book without reading it.

Go Troll elsewhere.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Don\'t feed the trolls

'Nuff said.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're obviously well plugged into the book business and know how many copies of the PTF have been sold. I'm interested in the number. Your source of the information would be valuable to gauge your credibility (or lack of) as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

PTF
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #43,134 in Books
http://www.amazon.com/Poker-Tournament-F...3974&sr=8-1

Harrington Vol 3
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,665 in Books
(also from amazon numbers)

Thanks. Any other questions that I can clear up for you?

-T
Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, what kind of loser publishes poker stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an odd comment for a forum associated with a publishing house with a focus on poker.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not Arnold Snyder's wife, nor is my name Ruth. In fact, never even met the man. I am a woman, but your assumptions beyond that are unfounded.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PTF

Harrington Vol 3

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

Now here is a link for The Bible. It's Amazon rank is currently #326,504. Based on your "logic" more people have read the PTF than the bible. Glad I could clear that up.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PTF

Harrington Vol 3

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

Now here is a link for The Bible. It's Amazon rank is currently #326,504. Based on your "logic" more people have read the PTF than the bible. Glad I could clear that up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today's discussion must have sparked sales. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
The Poker Tournament Formula (Paperback)
by Arnold Snyder (Author)

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #28,792 in Books
Old 06-05-2007, 12:00 AM

LOL at this whole imbroglio. Mason, you couldn't possibly have any less credibility than you do right now. You whined and moaned when Hilger published his book and used a hand example where someone had AK and a K flopped. You bitched and bitched about how you had published a similar example years earlier, and he should have credited your work. You're such a buffoon.

And now, this. Hilarious. No integrity, no objectivity, no clue.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've also published numerous articles on the importance of tournament structure on optimal strategy and skill requirements. The latest of these was "True M" versus Harrington's M: Critical Flaws in Harrington's M Theory, And Why Tournament Structure Matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnold, the article states "Thus, we are forced to believe that what Mason Malmuth claims is true: that Harrington considers his strategies correct for tournaments of all speeds. So it is doubtful that he made any True M adjustments, even for slower tournament structures. Simply put, Harrington is oblivious to the true mathematics of M."

My opinion is that this is not correct. I believe Dan does, in fact, know intuitively that his M is not quite correct. Or at least, that there is more to it.

Consider his comment on page 156. "Before you start a hand with a short chip stack, you want to review your M... With the blinds totalling $75, your M is about 15... In a few hands, however, the blinds will double and your M will shrink to between 7 and 8... so on all counts you're looking to make some sort of move."

So Dan understands how speed affects things, at least on some level. He just didn't flesh it all out.

In other words, I believe Dan basically agrees with you about "True M", if you pressed him, but his book was what it was at the time. Now his strategy may well be conservative, possibly too conservative to be optimal. But that is another matter.