Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's life would you rather live?
Derek Jeter 229 71.34%
Hef 92 28.66%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Percentage of time spent actually working.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No teacher in their right mind would be up teaching for all 55 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what??? Why wouldn't the teacher teach most of the time and then assign homework.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in an AP course, but for a regular class that would never work. In credentialing courses, you're typically taught to not do the same thing for more than 15-20 minutes or so, otherwise the kids will start to get squirrelly. In fact, during a class session one time when a principal was in observing, after the class got out we talked a bit and his only real complaint was: 'you were up there teaching for about 30 minutes. Is it possible to split that up into 15 minute chunks and have something else to do in between?'

Sigh, kids these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I went to a private school. Maybe that is why people were so clueless in college (and I graduated HS in 1988).
Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No teacher in their right mind would be up teaching for all 55 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what??? Why wouldn't the teacher teach most of the time and then assign homework.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in an AP course, but for a regular class that would never work. In credentialing courses, you're typically taught to not do the same thing for more than 15-20 minutes or so, otherwise the kids will start to get squirrelly. In fact, during a class session one time when a principal was in observing, after the class got out we talked a bit and his only real complaint was: 'you were up there teaching for about 30 minutes. Is it possible to split that up into 15 minute chunks and have something else to do in between?'

Sigh, kids these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, WTF? I just graduated HS in QC (Canada) and 90% of my classes were constant teaching for 60 minutes, lecture-like for science-related classes and more discussion-like for other subjects. I understand why people get A+ averages in US HS now, can't cover much in that time...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my industry, the work comes in waves. Some days, I'll be working 80%+, other days, I work maybe 5%. It mostly leans towards the latter, though.

Besides 2p2, what websites do you lazy asses check out? Some days, I get bored of my standard selection of websites. I need something to do that will make it seem like I'm working to anyone who passes by my cube. I'm thinking about taking up creative writing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even need to leave 2+2 for that.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

Ken