Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jay, trip report on NFL in England plz, ktx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please do report. Looked like a miserable [censored] day from the highlights I saw.

Buffalo Bills can pull to .500 next week - after starting out as what could only be considered the worst team in football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an awesome day.

Sick view, 3 rows from the back directly behind the posts at the end of both TDs.

Atmosphere was a bit lacking, but the booing of John Terry was hilarious, and it wasn't from lack of trying from the organisers, just a lack of understanding from a lot of the crowd I think who were for the novelty factor.

The game really is made for TV, I didn't realise how manufactured the gaps in play were between turnovers etc. I just figured it took time to set up the defense and offense, but both teams were always left standing waiting for the ok to get going again. This wasn't a problem though, with some entertaining video shorts being shown on the big screen during the gaps.

Disappointing game, but nobody knew the Dolphins would be on the worse start in their history, and the London rain didn't really help matters.

Already decided that if next years is anywhere in Europe I'll go, and hopefully London did enough to make the visit more than a 1 off. Everyone around me had a good enough time, and despite quite a few empty seats it still had 81,000 people paying up to $250 face value for tickets, so commercially it must've been a success.