Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Another STAR WARS thread

A few things I need to get cleared up by the star wars freaks here.

First of all, in Return of the Jedi, when obiwan says luke is the last hope, but yoda says there is another, who was he referring to? was he referring to leia or anakin skywalker.

also, who was the jedi supposed to be in the title return of the jedi, many people say luke but i think it was anakin as he came back from the darkside to kill the sith lord. also, in the early episodes they say that he was the prophecy who will kill the sith which he actually did in the end. now one final question is wasn't there supposed to be a 4th star wars after return of the jedi where in the original story arc luke searches far and wide for his sister but they changed the script for rotj to make it more of a plot twist pleaser

ok discuss
Old 08-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Another STAR WARS thread

haha are you kidding me? "there is another" is leia obv
Old 08-29-2007, 10:24 PM

He was referring to leia.

The jedi is Luke. It is titled the return of the jedi because it is the first time in a long time someone has become a new jedi.

Dunno about the last part. I have heard however that originally it was intended to be a 9 part series, with the final episodes following Leia. Lucas says he doesn't want to do those however.

I'm such a Star Wars geek [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 10:27 PM

I didn't think STAR WARS threads were too common
Old 08-29-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was referring to leia.

The jedi is Luke. It is titled the return of the jedi because it is the first time in a long time someone has become a new jedi.

Dunno about the last part. I have heard however that originally it was intended to be a 9 part series, with the final episodes following Leia. Lucas says he doesn't want to do those however.

I'm such a Star Wars geek [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so one cant make the argument that the "jedi" in the title is anakin as he returned to jedi status by killing the sith?

Presumably fulfilling the prophecy, destroying the Sith and bringing balance to the Force. He's taken Yoda's, "A prophecy that misread, could have been," and taken it to mean that Anakin was never the chosen one, and that honour was to go to Luke. He never considered the possibility of Anakin returning, despite Padmé and Luke telling him that there was still good in him. To quote the Star Wars Databank: "Though Kenobi felt that the dark side could only be defeated by bringing about the deaths of Anakin and the Emperor..." http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...obi/index.html

Yoda, however, is wiser. He knows that Luke wouldn't be able to defeat the Emperor; he's gone mano-a-mano with him and couldn't beat him, and if he couldn't then Luke couldn't either.

Leia certainly couldn't.

Yoda's 'hope' is that there'll be a return of *the* Jedi: the chosen one. The only Jedi who'll be strong enough to destroy the Emperor. And what's going to bring him back is his son. Or his daughter.

That's my theory.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 PM

Return of the Jedi referred to Anakin, not Luke (he returned to the Jedi when he killed Palpy) Original title was Revenge of the Jedi (there are even posters to this effect, the name was changed very late in production) but Lucas decided that revenge was not a jedi way.

FYI, the 9 part thing was a hoax, Lucas never had 9 episodes, it was just easier to start by calling it episode 4 because then you do less backstory, dumb people are willing to accept that things happened before this part of the story, it's called lazy writing because Lucas is nto a good enough writer to weave in the amount of backstory that should have been there.

Yes I am a star wars nerd.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:34 PM

ok deadbody is more of a star wars nerd.

I can sleep soundly tonight!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 PM

i also have to question why such an adept and cunning warrior such as boba fett had a most unglorious death in ROTJ seriously.

i also heard in the original script, solo was supposed to die in the end along with the millenium falcon burning up but they changed it when they brought lando back and put him at the helm. then they refused to do it b/c they didn't want the token black guy to be killed off.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:41 PM

Lucas said it was a mistake to kill Fett off like that and that he didn't understand the fan base he had attracted.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 PM

it was really a clone that fell into the sarlacc pit, not the REAL boba fett. retcon!