Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Week 11 NCAA Early Lines

[ QUOTE ]
I anticipate betting So Car. at some point but I am holding out for a better number. We already know Dr. Boob and Sagarin hate SC, maybe he will move it across the 7 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Dr. Boob
Old 11-08-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

See also: ASU v. Washington State. Whole forum on them at -9. You remember how that went - and ASU would have lost if not for a blown call. UCLA is considerably better than Washington State.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Arizona State was -18 in their game at WSU.

At any rate, I wanted to point out that UCLA's current starting QB (Cowan) was in the hospital with a collapsed lung as recently as 24 hours ago, and Ben Olsen is still out with a knee injury. By the end of the game against Stanford UCLA was going with their #3 QB- turned wide receiver-turned #3 QB (Ossar Rasshan). Unless I'm missing some updated news, all indications are that this character will still be under center for the Bruins this Saturday.

ASU at -6 looks pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rashaan didn't play until the WSU game last week. Stanford-UCLA was the first game of the year. Rashaan is also 4th on the depth chart. Olsen-Cowan-Thompson-Rashaan. Mcleod Bethel-Thompson (Thomas?) is a walk-on QB who was benched for poor performance. In one game, he played the the final quarterand threw exactly 0 times. There was one UCLA pass play in the quarter... a half-back pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Rasaan played his first game last week at Arizona. UCLA's offense was horrible and they were on their way to another 20+ point loss down 10 at half. Rasaan played almost the entire second half. Only threw 3 for 10, but rushed 8 times for 57 yards including some drive saving runs. UCLA actually won 2nd half by 3, and that was not going to happen with Cowan (who is way better than Olson on this team).

Not saying that Arizona is close to as good as Arizona State, but this is at home, and Dorrell probably needs to close the season winning 2 of 3 (ASU, UO, and USC), and at the very least needs to be competitive in 2 of 3. Given his history for saving his ass, especially in big home games, spread should probably be closer to +3/3.5. This is value at +7.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:01 PM

S. Carolina +7.5 2 Units ( [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Dr Bob)
Virginia/Miami Under 41.5 1 Unit
Air Force/Notre Dame Over 43.5 1 Unit
Houston/Tulsa Under 77.5 1 Unit
Georgia/Auburn Over 44.5 1 Unit
S. Carolina/Florida Under 59.5 1 Unit
Navy/N. Texas Under 73.5 1 Unit
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 PM

I wonder how much money Dr. Bob makes by just playing middles? Since he has the power to move lines, just bet ahead of time, make a prediction, let the line move, then cover the middle.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 PM

Can't believe I'm doing this...

2u Notre Dame +4 (VIP)

That's a stale line - looks like it was at 4 for about 30 minutes other places (Dr. Bob) before getting bet back to 3.5.

I had 3u AF PK and 4u AF -2.5, so this reduces my exposure a little bit and sets up a nice middle.