Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Good Creatine/Other Muscle-Building Products?

I think I am going to order some Kre-Alkalyn from bodybuilding.com.

Kre-Alkalyn is creatine monohydrate that is manufactured at a higher pH to limit conversion to creatinine. As a result, serving sizes are much smaller (making it cheaper), and, anecdotally, there is no bloating or upset stomach. Sounds like a winner to me.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:38 AM

Just get basic powder. Like 10 bucks a pound or kilo or huge vat.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:32 AM

I've heard the powder is better than pills.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 PM

for a multivitamin, Animal Pak is supposed to be good and contains BCAAs among other things. i started using it a few days ago.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:25 PM

From what Ive heard regular creatine monohydrate(powder) is the best/most consistent creatine. Its also pretty cheap. Most of the other products out there are marketing gimmicks with similar or worse effectiveness.

BCAA's are good PWO as others have said. I dont think they have much use anywhere else, but PWO they will help ur body from breaking down your existing muscle.

I use glutamine but Im not sure if it helps. It cant hurt tho so w/e. Multivitamin is also important.

As far as NO products...there are a lot of mixed reviews and differing opinions. I use NO-Xplode and have noticed a lot more energy preWO, but I have also noticed that my body gets used to it very quickly and its becoming less effective. Also, it gives you a wicked pump and makes you look pretty big after workouts. Also, its supposed to aid in recovery time etc, I dunno if ive noticed anything like this tho. Anyways, from what Ive read NO doesnt work with everyone, and different products work with different people, so try out a few if you want and judge for urself. Others that I have heard good things about are SuperPump 250 and N.O. Limits from I think Designer Supps.

Also, once you are a bit more advanced you might want to look into a product like Activate Extreme, which is a natural test booster (that actually works)

The best thing to do is eat more and lift hard tho of course, supps can only get you so far.

-Mike