Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Donovan going back to Florida?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everybody -

Isn't this thread to talk about Donovan and UF/ORL stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the RW stuff is relevant to the thread, on the topic of difficulty leaving a great situation.

Also, Donovan's hair looks stupid.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everybody -

Isn't this thread to talk about Donovan and UF/ORL stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]
After 25,260 posts you were overdue to make a nitty one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Westhoff, I guess that's what I was getting at - his choices were to stay in a Podunk state and be a living legend, probably never have to buy another meal in his life OR follow in the footsteps of who was at the time the winningest coach in major college basketball history. All I'm saying is, it doesn't seem like that easy of a decision.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 PM

Most definitely. Just some thoughts: I don't think I've heard of anyone not liking Roy Williams, especially in KS, even wildcat fans. I would've liked to see him stay. I just think 100 years from now when you think of UNC basketball you'll think of Dean Smith and when you think of KU basketball you would've thought of Roy Williams.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also never got why Roy Williams went "home" when he was on his way to becoming a Phog Allen-sized legend at Kansas, but that's for another thread I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean Smith (KU alum coached by Phog Allen) single handely got Roy his coaching start at Kansas. Fast forward 15 years, UNC was in trouble in a bad way and Dean went to Roy and impressed upon him the importance of returning to North Carolina (his home state) and Chapel Hill (his alma mater)/the Carolina family. Right time. Right place. Right decision.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
capone0,

Well as of today North Carolina and Kansas are 2-3 in all-time wins, so there's definitely prestige in both places. I'd consider it a wash from a recruitment perspective, I mean I'm sure Chapel Hill is nice but it's not near a beach and I suspect the weather and bitches aren't a huge pull either relative to some other programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

UNC's facilities are better. The Dean Dome has a world renowned playing surface. In fact, it is the pre-season training camp site for the Indiana Pacers. Playing in the nation's premier conference also doesn't hurt. Enough of the UNC hijack though, back to Billy D.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:52 PM

The word is Donovan's wife is refusing to move. What else can he do? The magic reportedly pressured him into signing fast, and his wife changed her mind.