Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 AM

Default Bay 101 Propping?

Does anyone have any information on hiring procedure, game selection(or the lack thereof), pay rate, and anything else that might be pertinent to propping there?

If anyone who has propped there or knows someone who has propped there could you PM me so we could talk, that'd be appreciated too.

I know the guy to talk to at Bay 101 but I want some information before making that call.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Bay 101 Propping?

I have talked to the prop's at Bay101 several times. Here is what I understand. They get mimimum wage and medical benefits. They use only their own money. They have to be willing to play all games OTHER THAN 40-80 and 100-200 limit games. They have to be willing to move anytime the floor request that they move. I don't know whether they have to play the 5-200 or 10-200 spread limit games. Their playing times will primarily graveyard and weekday day mornings.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:40 PM

They get way more than minimum wage, they also get paid more depending on what level of games they are playing. I know that propping the 20/40 for an 8hr shift makes you around $240. Further, some of that pay is considered reimbursment for the rake, and therefore tax free.

It used to be a better deal than it is now though, the floor is starting to make them move around more, it used to be they would just sit in the 20 game or something even if there was a huge waiting list and get paid.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM

I've also been told that the 40/80+ props are required to sit in 3-handed games if the other two players want to keep playing. Doesn't happen often, but it resulted in a terrible spot for one of the props once.