Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Default I bad beat someone... then feel I should call down next hand

I just want to know if anyone ever makes up there mind to call down preflop... or am I just a dip-stick??

History... I just bad beat the hell out of the BB. A weak player had open raised, so I try to steal/isolate on the button with something ridiculous like Q-7 of spades. BB ends up 4 betting with two red aces... 3 to flop... I flop a Jesus draw (8,9,6 with two spades)... I make max money when I hit a flush on the river. BB is STEAMING. He's already called me a mother-f'er in Armenian (farsi) twice now.

Very next hand, folded to me in the cutoff and I have two black 3's.

I raise... SB (guy I just beat, INSTA-3 bets). His 3 betting range here is literally 100% of the deck. In the past I've seen him spew money like a pro after taking bad beats.

Anyways, my question is that if the board comes out normal scary (say ace high or a couple broadway cards)... will you ever call down all three streets?

I can give you the exact hand that occurred when I had the 33... but this is kind of more a hypothetical question against a very aggressive steaming player.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: I bad beat someone... then feel I should call down next hand

If he truly has any two cards than definitely. You should have around 50% equity against that range, so also 4-bet preflop and call the probable 5-bet, which makes your reverse implied odds better. I wouldn't go further than that in case he really does have a bigger pair or something. You will also tilt him even more if you win the hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:17 PM

yeah... poker stove puts me at 53%... I didn't want to cap cause I knew I could not "take control" of the hand post flop... I was happy to call down and lose the min. if behind or if he hit a pair... and/or let him continue to spew if I was ahead.

BTW... it seems like everytime I have 22 or 33... the board always has three damn over-cards :-(
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 PM

I mean, there are boards you can fold on, which you are aware of. You should sometimes raise the turn on decent boards hoping he will fold his 47 or whatever. If you think he is capable of bluff3bets on the turn, you could call down blind and show a profit (obv u would not announce u were calling down blind)
Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 PM

if it comes down 789 all hearts, and u have no heart, then u have 31.789% equity and you are getting 12-5 on a calldown, which makes actually makes it correct if you know he will firefirefire every street.

However, if the Turn comes off a ten of hearts, you are now getting 13:4 on a calldown, and your equity drops to 79.071% and u have to fold.

This is assuming he fires every street.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:35 PM

In this case the board came down Q, J, 2 two diamonds... he fired on all streets... I just called down. River call was easiest cause if paired the 2.

I actually expected him to turn over the winner on the river... but felt required to call down the spew monkey.