Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Knocked Up (the movie)

I'm gonna have to be a dissenting voice, here. There were just too many things in the movie that defied explanation.

For example, I can understand an adult woman living with her sister, but not a married with kids sister.

Now, I can believe a smart, good-looking woman like Heigl making a mistake and banging a loser. But, I can't believe that same woman would offer to bring the guy, a stranger, home to her sister's house where there are small children present. That's not just stupid. That's f**king dangerous.

Here's another. The guys who live in the house are all broke no-pussy getting losers, yet, somehow they all managed to get into a hip club that had a long line of people waiting to get in.

That said, the movie had a few laughs, as a two hour comedy should, bringing me to my next problem with the movie: its length. Towards the end, I found myself constantly looking at my watch, and hoping that the chick would finally bang out the kid. The movie easily could've been cut by a half-hour.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6.5.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:49 AM

I appear to be in a minority, I didn't like this movie. I liked the last ~1/5 or so, but the rest of the movie did not click for me. I was hoping it would be really good and was looking forward to seeing it. The jokes weren't there, the timing was off for me. It was a very realistic movie in the terms of dialogue (one of the best I've seen at closest to real life). I'm wishing I had gone to see the "Waitress" instead now. 1.5 out of 4
Old 06-09-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For example, I can understand an adult woman living with her sister, but not a married with kids sister.

Now, I can believe a smart, good-looking woman like Heigl making a mistake and banging a loser. But, I can't believe that same woman would offer to bring the guy, a stranger, home to her sister's house where there are small children present. That's not just stupid. That's f**king dangerous.

Here's another. The guys who live in the house are all broke no-pussy getting losers, yet, somehow they all managed to get into a hip club that had a long line of people waiting to get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure she was living in the pool house, like the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Also, it's a [censored] movie, jesus f'n christ.

EDIT: Also, if I'm Paul Rudd, I'm definitely giving the thumbs up for my wife's hot ass sister living with us.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[EDIT: Also, if I'm Paul Rudd, I'm definitely giving the thumbs up for my wife's hot ass sister living with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm Paul Rudd and I see my Sister-in-law bring home some loser to my house where my kids sleep, I go f**king ballistic.

I understand that's it's only a movie, but all the reviews rave about how realistic the movie is.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:14 AM

I think the reviews are talking about the realism of the characters dealing with the unexpected pregnancy, not that every single detail in the movie is spot-on with real life.

Here's another problem: in real life, there's no WAY that all the characters would come up with such funny one-liners in every situation! I mean, you have to have a writer to make everyone funny like that. That movie was SOOO unrealistic.

Sheesh.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:30 PM

I wonder how many of the guys on this forum think it would be realistic that they would like to have a baby.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this movie was great. I usually don't say this, but it's definitely worth paying $11 to go see in the theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

No movie is worth paying 11 bucks to sit in a theater and watch.

However, most movies are worth the 45 minutes it takes to bootleg 'em off the internet.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many of the guys on this forum think it would be realistic that they would like to have a baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, realistically the movie would have entailed a 15 minute trip to the pharmacy for the morning after pill.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, realistically the movie would have entailed a 15 minute trip to the pharmacy for the morning after pill.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my guess, and why claims for this flick's realism are being made.