Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which QB?
Matt Hasselbeck (Seneca Wallace) at Broncos 4 33.33%
Chad Pennington at Packers 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: MORE POLLS

fwiw I agree with Miles in this thread. I'll call the river and expect to lose a fair amount of the time to a T.

And on the disussion about JTs being equal to JJ I think a villain will me much more tempted to call down JT here. Afterall there's QT, KT and AT that makes quite a lot of combos we're behind to - hence the wa/wb.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 AM

wow you were actually serious.

Ok then...

errrhm. Cant say more than I already did. If you choose not to believe me thats fine.

Maybe its an image thing. The fact that I dont play 22/17 PF makes people not take WA/WB lines against me... dunno

Maybe its just because the regulars at party are more trixxy than what you are use to... dunno

But the fact remains. People dont take WA/WB lines where I come from. Its dead. Villains in my games dont have Tx here. Ever! Its not up for debate. They dont. For everytime they have a T they are c/r/c'ing with Ak 100 times. 100000 times even. Make that infinity...

Now if you dislike money then in my games you should just call. I, however, like money as I need them, so I 3-bet that river and feel pretty damn good about it.

AGAIN FOR THE STUPID ONES I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT JOE TALLS HAND HERE!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: What are you more likely to do? *Poll*

These are my stats and you can fold if I take this line. That doesn't mean it's a fold though. I mean, I think your worst hand here is AJs. I throw away most of my overcards on the turn. I'm not bluff raising this river with my busted flush draw trying to throw you off A high that you're trying to value bet.

And 30/19/1.5 is nitty? Haha.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:45 AM

"But the fact remains. People dont take WA/WB lines where I come from. Its dead. Villains in my games dont have Tx here. Ever!"

This is a faulty premise for 3betting the river. What youre saying is an argument for betting the river, not a valid argument for 3betting the river. Once youre raised on the river you have to update your assumption. The new information of the river raise itself trumphs any anecdotal information you have amassed.

That is why you need a very specific read to 3bet this river profitably and this is why Miles anus isnt feeling well.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:48 AM

I would play AT this way.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Its interesting that all the people who say to not re-raise the river, are the same who would sometimes play a T the same way as villain.

This is all subjective and based on our experience, so its kind of pointless arguing. Its also biased by how we would play in villains shoes.

Unlike most of u pansies here, I could occasionally have a T, but im much more likely to show up with 88-99.

The person who has made me reconsider my stance the most is VMAcosta, because from his style, I would expect him to think similarly..
Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM

NEVERMIND YOU ARE THE TOUGHEST LAG EVER H3ISENBORG YOU ARE LIKE THIS 2+2 MAGAZINE AUTHOR CRUSHER OF STARS MIDSTAKES AND YOU ALWAYS TAKE THESE PANSY-TAGS TO VALUE TOWN
Old 11-28-2007, 04:19 PM

also i have a question for everyone who is lying about 3-betting the river. if you guys raise the flop with 77 (or 22 as DD said) in UTG's spot in this hand, do you ever fold before the river barring awful turn+river cards?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 PM

nevermind you're just going to say that since your UTG range is so TOUGH LAGGISH that SB is going to adjust so much that he'll have a massive range preflop and that you raise so many flops simply for metagame that he'll be 3-bet bluffing QJo here so your 22 has massive equity. since i am so PABC (Pansy Alphabetical Tag) their range is clearly different vs. me.

NEVERMIND
Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM

i have converted from a tilting poker player to a tilting 2+2 poster.

edit: using "u" and "you" for "you" in the same post is great for inducing forum tilt, wow.