Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why why why why why?

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this argument is completely idiotic. Hawaii gets the benefit of playing the 3rd softest schedule in the land, and would have NO CHANCE of being anything better than AT BEST 9-3 with a top 30 schedule. AT BEST.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get it...

You think Hawaii is just benefitting from a tough schedule. I think they are truly a very good team. I also felt this way about Boise St last year, while I'm not sure of what your views on Boise St were. Now that we disagree here, I don't care about- lets just agree to disagree on this paragraph and not bother debating it. But.....

My solution is to put Hawaii against a top team in the National Title Game. That way we find out if me or you is right.

Your solution is to omit them. That way we may never find out who was right.

HUH????!!! This is what I just don't get- why would you not want to find out how good Hawaii is?

Its a well known fact that going into a season, most teams realize that if they lose one game then theres a chance they may have lost their national title shot. Every team knows this, and this year every team has lost a game(except Hawaii). So no team(except Hawaii) is truly deserving of a title shot and none have a legit beef of being excluded since they knew going in that a loss could mean no title shot.

edited to add: I don't actually think that Hawaii is a top 2 team in the nation. But I'd sure as hell rather find out for sure than to not find out.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but does Oklahoma get to hand-wave away the 4th quarter of their game against Colorado? They were up 24-10, then some fluky [censored] happened. Do we get to forget about that too, or just when bad stuff happens to USC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we already giving OU the same benefit of the doubt that we gave to USC?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bingo. USC's losses are to a horrible, horrible team on a flukey fade pass,

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that the only play of the game? Perhaps if USC was better then they couldn't be beaten by a flukey fade pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

USC, statistically, dominated Stanford in every aspect of the game. They got their drives killed on interceptions that, honestly, I don't remember. One TD for Stanford was on a return of one of those INTs. I'd say pretty much the entire game was the downside of variance for USC. Their only other loss was to a healthy (meaning, Dixon played) Oregon team that probably would be in the National Title game had he not gone down.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bingo. USC's losses are to a horrible, horrible team on a flukey fade pass,

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that the only play of the game? Perhaps if USC was better then they couldn't be beaten by a flukey fade pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. But it's one week, and their QB was basically playing without a finger. Do we really think Stanford would come within 35 points of USC if they played at full health?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows? After all, Stanford beat Cal today! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why why why why why?

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal is to find the best team. I didn't read anything more in your post because you've missed the point of CFB.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. And if Hawaii dominates their bowl game, while a 2 loss Georgia barely throws a hail mary to beat Ohio St, then have we truly found the best team?

And btw, I disagree- the goal is not to find the best team, its to find the team that played the best during the season. Talent alone doesn't win titles, results do.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess LSU gets the shot, and will destroy OSU in basically a repeat of last years title game lesson: The Big-10 is total crap compared to the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a lesson really reinforced by the other bowl game match ups last year.

The Big Ten was the best conference in America as recently as 2005. Stop being stupid. Please.

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Hawaii fanboys. they still have to play tonight. and after all this crap, i wouldnt be shocked in the least if they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm a Hawaii fan??

assani, im curious what rankings you are using to say boise>mich>anyone osu played
Old 12-02-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OU beat Missouri by 21 points. Not by 1, not by 3, by 21. And they only lost to Texas Tech because Bradford was out.

If it was just the 2-loss team with the best SOS vs. the best 1-loss team, we'd be looking at Ohio State/Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in: Mizzou has been overrated all year. Just like Kansas. And South Florida. And Cal. And BC. And West Virginia.

You guys need to stop talking about the idiotic human polls like they mean anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I mention the polls? The point is that Missouri went 11-0 this year in games against teams not named Oklahoma including wins over otherwise 11-0 Kansas and otherwise 9-2 Illinois. They were most certainly not "overrated".

Beating them once at a neutral site is a better win than is held by any of the top contenders. Beating them twice including a 3 TD win at a neutral site is much, much better than anything the top contenders have done.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:03 AM

Assani,

Hawaii is getting hosed by the computers. Its possible for LSU to be #1 twice and lose both times, and have pretty much every #2 lose, but because big mainland teams keep ducking them, we will never get a chance to find out how good Hawaii is. I'm not saying they deserve the Title Game, necessarily, but its sad, because this is the overall best Hawaii team since they started getting ink with Timmy Chang lighting everyone up.