Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

Mondo,
The analogy didn't say anything about hum publishing an article under his name that was written by somebody else. Even if that is the case than the analogy is saying him taking credit for the win is unethical not him selling his account.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM

I'm gonna let the ppl who r smarter than myself finish this discussion. Sry to stir up [censored]
Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
G2cu,
Good post and it was not riddled with spelling errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

ban g2cu for multiaccounting his 2p2 account?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mondo,
The analogy didn't say anything about hum publishing an article under his name that was written by somebody else. Even if that is the case than the analogy is saying him taking credit for the win is unethical not him selling his account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both are unethical. I thought it would have gone without saying that, in the analogy, the article would still have been published under his name alone. I give people too much credit for being able to follow a thought to its natural conclusion sometimes. My bad.

The best analogy is the dude who compared it to someone taking over a seat at a live table.

I don't know how you enforce such things, but really, it should be plainly spelled out on every poker site that taking over an account for any reason in any tournament is a bannable offense, and accounts/money will be confiscated.

Obviously, a site can't tell if two people are sitting in the same room and looking at the same monitor, but that would clear up most situations where two IP addresses play the same tourney. Even if it can't always be proven or stopped 100% of the time, does not make the act any less unethical.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:12 PM

as far as this topic goes.. i think sites need to make some sort of release, emails, popups when u log in, etc, that clearly define a list of rules. i mean, i signed up for my accounts 3+ years ago, and back then i didnt think that if my computer crashed, and then exploded, if i called my buddy and told him to play my account and finish up the tourney and id ship him a %, it was a big deal.

i agree with andrew on this, in that sites need to make it ABC to understand the rules. everything is so sketchy and there are no clearly defined lines. when there is no clear rule on how everything plays out, stuff like this happens and will continue to happen until there is. i dont know anything about the ftp incident, but i know chris fairly well and think hes a great guy. again, im not defending him in this incident as i dont know what happened, but thats my thoughts on him as a person.

as far as the stars win goes, i know that durrr staked him for it, and im also 100% sure that durrr did not take over the account. dota is always more important than silly little tournaments. but yea, back to the main point, until sites clear up what their exact rules on things like this, INCLUDING stuff like coaching (which im pretty sure is allowed), one player to a hand (which is not enforced and is clearly stated to not be a rule), etc, then these things will continue to happen. ok continue the war.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:22 PM

it will NEVER get old listening to clowns like Eagles defend cheaters. They always find a new pathetic excuse.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it will NEVER get old listening to clowns like Eagles defend cheaters. They always find a new pathetic excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM

POKER --- THE NEW TEAM SPORT
Old 11-29-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
POKER --- THE NEW TEAM SPORT

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerbowl
Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
edit, also to In your face: your comment is completely untrue and out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you too think that naming and shaming cheaters is 'getting out of hand'?

This coming from the same ActionJeff that publicly condemns multiaccounters but has decided to keep the damning evidence to himself. I assume for the good of the MTT community?

Please tell me how what I have said here is souring to hear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris's FTP win was disqualified, so I'm not sure why you think he kept any damning evidence to himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

From this thread - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

comes this quote as the synopsis -

[ QUOTE ]
That's it. You know who you are, I know who you are, and if you really have the nerve to keep doing this crap out of greed and disrespect for the rules, then you better at least not tell one [censored] person, because you are putting a lot of faith in your peers right now, and not all of them are as considerate and discreet as I am.

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to turn this thread against Jeff but it's ironic and getting annoying seeing him up there on the moral high ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did I defend cheaters or keep evidence to myself in this thread? wtf are you talking about, are you serious?

temp Ban for trolling please