Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:06 PM

Default bad line huh?

$330 live MTT. 80 entrants start w/ 10K chips. 70 left. Blinds 200-400. I've been very tight. Villain has been somewhat passive and neither too tight nor too loose. I have 9200. He hass 7800. Folded to me in button w/ KQd. I make it 1200. He calls in SB and BB folds. Flop: Ac, Jd, 6s. Check-check. Turn 10c. Villain bets 1k. I call. River 6h. Villain checks. I bet 2400. He calls. I've started playing exclusively live MTT's b/c I'm a casual player and they're more fun for me. I'm still getting used to the mostly passive live play. I feel like online, I wouldn't CB here b/c there's a decent chance of CR and I'd like to get a free card. Live though, his range is pretty wide preflop and even if he does call w/ bad ace or jack, he'll likely check to me on turn giving me a free card. As far as turn play here, I think I definitely lost some value. If I raised to 2500, it's unlikely he's folding his raggedy ace(and it's pretty unlikely he's bluffing given his passive play thus far). Thoughts?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: bad line huh?

no thoughts?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:40 PM

I think your line aws fine, the thing is, on turn if hes any good, hell ahve to make a decision whether he wants to go with this hand till the end or not because he knows if you bet river after checkraising the turn its for all his remaining chips. If you think hes bad enough to just mindlessly call with his ace without takign that into consideration or you think hes likely to just put it in with a marginal hand against an opponent like you, then i definetly raise the turn.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 PM

c bet flop. barring that please raise turn because that would make your line look fos and get lots of chips in.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM

i think you should c-bet the flop because people don't usually check raise that kind of board, they are check calling most their Ax hands and rarely check raise bluffing this board. therefore ur gonna take the pot down a lot but if not you still see the turn

as played, i think you have to raise the turn to play for stacks
Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 PM

RAISE THE TURN YOU NIT.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM

last time i play it like that then. ty