Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Default hit n running at stars hu tables

so far twice in my first 15 minutes. Given my proclivity to tilt because of being hit and run perhaps hu tables aren't for me? I THOUGHT THAT BECAUSE ITs MEANT TO BE HU THEY WILL STAY AND PLAY AND NOT JUST RUN WHEN THEY WIN 3 POTS.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: hit n running at stars hu tables

The fish all hit and run. HU is definitely not for you.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 PM

ok another except it was like 20 minutes.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fish all hit and run. HU is definitely not for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed completely. Also hit and running is such a tough to define concept, people pretty much think you are hit and running them whenever you leave not-broke. If I decide to play one of the decent regulars I quit him whenever I feel like it, and have had the same done to me. There is one guy I just won't play any more because he doesn't suck and he always quits me quickly if he wins a bit, which frustrates me (my problem) so I deal with it by just not playing him anymore, it's no big deal, people play how they want.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 PM

Standard. TheGremlin hit and ran me twice yesterday before I wouldn't play him any more. Since he played like 5 hands between both the hit and runs and just flopped great every time I have no idea if he is horrible or not. If he sits against me again I will play him but I just couldn't take it yesterday because I had lost a [censored] of bets to other players so the last thing I needed was some [censored] hit and running me a third time. Some other crappy players I can't remember the screen names of hit and ran me but I will be glad to keep playing them because they're awful.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:24 AM

This happens on all sites and I just don't understand it. I get so many guys that play one hand and then leave it is retarded. The problem I need help with is how to mark these guys. Making a note is ideal so I won't play them again but they are often gone before I get the note typed. Gotta be an easier way?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:39 AM

i think maybe just learn to not tilt when getting hit and run.

It is the hardest thing in the world though, I'm a pretty good non tilter but getting hit n run repeatedly by the same person can reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally set me off.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:46 AM

Well, getting hit repeatedly by the same guy is your own fault. Just dodge the little phucker. I can't believe how many people are doing it though when it is not even like they get the button and then leave.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 AM

surfdoc,

Do what I do since I have counted the number of times I get hit and run in a day to be on average around 23 times. YES 23 Mother fing times on AVERAGE. When someone hits and runs on you simply copy there name and go to find player in FTP client and then find them and if not at a table then click the note option to the right. Now you always have the ability to mark the hit and runners. I have such a high occurance of hit and runners I might need to go see someone or talk to my poker shrink to make me not so crazy and maybe only be mildly crazy. Sigh. I dont know I just think I am always meant to be crazy.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)
Old 08-06-2007, 03:02 AM

Sweet thanks i didn't even think of the find a player function. That is awesome. I now need to pick a color to mark them and it is a done deal.