Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 PM

Default high pair on the flop

I raise A5o otb sb folds bb calls. BB is new but he looks like he's from europe so he's probably the worst ever at best.

Flop comes 254r because I hate fish and the dealer knows that. Hecheckraises me and I 3bet because I can beat a few hands. Turn 4 he checks I bet he calls because he sucks.

River bricks off a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] which honestly is probably one of the 40 best cards I could have seen so whenhe checks to me I have to bet right? What if he raises?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: high pair on the flop

if this was online i might check that turn.

as for live play, if you think you can fold to the river checkraise by exploiting the fact that your opponents wouldn't make the play without a better hand, then i think it's got to be the solid choice.

problem is, given your limited read on the opponent at hand(he knows you hate fish? what does that mean?) it sounds like he could possibly having it out for you. i think a river c/r puts you in a tough spot because you are an underdog to his c/r range, but given his disdain for you its a reasonable risk that you carry in folding the best hand as a result of him trying to "get to you" by making aggro plays.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 AM

His flop c/r, followed by a call of your rr would usually mean an over pair, a split pair of 5's,4's,2's, a 3 for OESD,or a hand like 76, or overs.The only hand that you beat, that I see calling you is A high, or a 5 with worse kicker.Add to that the possibility of a c/r and I'm checking behind.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM

Haha I guess that sounds worse. He's played like 10 hands so far, I didn't say anything to him and he probably sees me as a nice guy which is usually how I act anyways. I hate fish just means I love crushing them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].