Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone mentioned that the line for the Eagles game is 23½ points? The Eagles are 5-5!

The really scary thing is theres still no way I'm betting against the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Largest line in NFL history in a game NOT involving an expansion team.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only chance that Moss leaves is if there is some drastic falling out between him and the Patriots which is highly doubtful. Excpect Moss to be re-signed to like a 3-4 year contract worth like 4-6 mil per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are saying moss is going to come here, have a career year, and then sign a multi-year deal at basically the same money, or even ANOTHER pay cut?

lol

i am optimistic he gives them a discount and signs for like 4/28, more likely something like 3/25.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has said many times he does not care about the money and only wants to win so yes I would not be surprised in the least bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every athlete I have ever heard has said that they don't care about the money. I would guess that 90% of them would trade a winless season for a doubled salary, and I wouldn't really blame them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you people freakin serious? Moss took a paycut from 10 mil all the way down to 3 mil in order to win. He could have just stuck it out in winless Oakland for 1 year, made 7 mil more and then signed onto a winner. He obviously cared a ton more about winning than you people realize, and a lot less about money than you people realize, and took a huge paycut in order to win.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only chance that Moss leaves is if there is some drastic falling out between him and the Patriots which is highly doubtful. Excpect Moss to be re-signed to like a 3-4 year contract worth like 4-6 mil per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are saying moss is going to come here, have a career year, and then sign a multi-year deal at basically the same money, or even ANOTHER pay cut?

lol

i am optimistic he gives them a discount and signs for like 4/28, more likely something like 3/25.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has said many times he does not care about the money and only wants to win so yes I would not be surprised in the least bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every athlete I have ever heard has said that they don't care about the money. I would guess that 90% of them would trade a winless season for a doubled salary, and I wouldn't really blame them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you people freakin serious? Moss took a paycut from 10 mil all the way down to 3 mil in order to win. He could have just stuck it out in winless Oakland for 1 year, made 7 mil more and then signed onto a winner. He obviously cared a ton more about winning than you people realize, and a lot less about money than you people realize, and took a huge paycut in order to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he will get a lot more interest on the free agent market this year than he would have if he stayed in Oakland. Remember, a good number of people were questioning his abilities before the season started because of his poor production in Oakland. However, now everyone knows he is a superstud and will be willing to pay quite a lot more. The paycut is insignificant next to the increased amount of money he will make having played and preformed with the Pats instead of Oakland. It was probably more a business decision than a personal or competitive one.

Edited: That's not to say he doesn't enjoy winning, but just that accepting the pay-cut to play with Brady and the rest of the pats talent is a very good decision if you are angling for more money in the future.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moss will be back, if anything Patriots fans should be worried about the offensive line but it's fairly likely that they'll find decent linemen even if the current ones get overpaid by someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

The o-line is pretty much locked up for the next few years. But even if they weren't I wouldn't be concerned. I don't know if it's Dante Scarnechia's coaching or if Scott Pioli is a genius finding diamonds in the rough but they seem to have no trouble developing o-linemen.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he will get a lot more interest on the free agent market this year than he would have if he stayed in Oakland. Remember, a good number of people were questioning his abilities before the season started because of his poor production in Oakland. However, now everyone knows he is a superstud and will be willing to pay quite a lot more. The paycut is insignificant next to the increased amount of money he will make having played and preformed with the Pats instead of Oakland. It was probably more a business decision than a personal or competitive one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize Brady is known for spreading the ball around and not targeting just 1 reciever. No one at the start of the season was predicting Moss to blow up like he has.

If Moss cared about money as much as you all claim he would have finished out his last year in Oakland, signed a 1 year deal with a team that could throw him the ball a ton, then use that year as a contract year to get paid.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moss will be back, if anything Patriots fans should be worried about the offensive line but it's fairly likely that they'll find decent linemen even if the current ones get overpaid by someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the majority of these guys were locked up? if not, expect the pats to draft some great linemen, they won't let anybody near brady.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have specified that I wasn't talking about next summer, I was saying that in the long run that'll be the most likely reason the team comes back to earth.

Next year everyone important should be back except Stallworth and maybe Samuel, and who knows when Bruschi will retire.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize Brady is known for spreading the ball around and not targeting just 1 reciever. No one at the start of the season was predicting Moss to blow up like he has.

If Moss cared about money as much as you all claim he would have finished out his last year in Oakland, signed a 1 year deal with a team that could throw him the ball a ton, then use that year as a contract year to get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that just because Moss says he doesn't care about money doesn't necessarily make it so because they all say that. He could be one of the ones that doesn't care about the dough.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that has been the way things have gone in the past but has Brady ever had a receiver of Moss' caliber to target consistently? No. It was obvious he was not even remotely engaged in Oakland but had enough faith in his skills to take a gamble. In addition, Pats Offense >>>>>>>> Oakland's offense. Even if he was not a true number one for the pats, his numbers would still much better than they were in Oakland. Their offense is a mess.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that has been the way things have gone in the past but has Brady ever had a receiver of Moss' caliber to target consistently? No. It was obvious he was not even remotely engaged in Oakland but had enough faith in his skills to take a gamble. In addition, Pats Offense >>>>>>>> Oakland's offense. Even if he was not a true number one for the pats, his numbers would still much better than they were in Oakland. Their offense is a mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is Moss came here mainly because he wanted to win, not because he wanted a huge contract.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 AM

THERE IS NO NEED TO QUOTE TEN [censored] LONG POSTS TO MAKE THE SAME POINT YOU MADE FIVE POSTS AGO

"The point is Moss came here mainly because he wanted to win, not because he wanted a huge contract."

you know this how exactly?