Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

It will be interesting to see how much the crowd noise changes. The Dome is absurdly loud, sound just bounces around like crazy, but the new stadium is going to have about 17k more people, so that has to make up for a lot of that.

As far as selling out 75k tickets, as a season ticket holder I was offered a chance to add up to 4 additional seats in the new stadium and it seemed like an offer I couldn't pass up. People are constantly asking me for my tickets as it is, I'm sure there will still be more than enough demand.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It will be interesting to see how much the crowd noise changes. The Dome is absurdly loud, sound just bounces around like crazy, but the new stadium is going to have about 17k more people, so that has to make up for a lot of that.

As far as selling out 75k tickets, as a season ticket holder I was offered a chance to add up to 4 additional seats in the new stadium and it seemed like an offer I couldn't pass up. People are constantly asking me for my tickets as it is, I'm sure there will still be more than enough demand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there will, possible PMs in the future [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I drive by that thing every day and it reminds me very much of the Fieldhouse, sorta throwback styling.

And yes it massive, much bigger then the Dome, and I wouldn't worry about the crown noise, I doubt they'll play in the open air very often (first 6ish weeks maybe), Indy gets a bit cold in winter.

Cody
Old 08-17-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yes it massive, much bigger then the Dome, and I wouldn't worry about the crown noise, I doubt they'll play in the open air very often (first 6ish weeks maybe), Indy gets a bit cold in winter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about them playing in open air, it will happen almost never, but the amount of air inside the the new stadium is so much larger than the Dome. It'll still be loud,, but I doubt it will still be loudest in the league.

Also, how sick is it that the pic I linked is changing with the time of day.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how sick is it that the pic I linked is changing with the time of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very.

When it was just starting to go up I thought how cool it would be to take a pic everyday of the construction. Sadly my resolve was lacking, but it seems maybe someone's doing that now. That thing will be awesome to see in stop motion.

Cody
Old 08-18-2007, 02:15 PM

Schedule for this weekend is/was Titans played yesterday vs Patriots, Texans vs Arizona, Jags vs Buc, both of those are today, and on Monday is Colts vs Bears.

Young went 5-17 for 102 yards and 0td/0int. I believe that was his first action of the preseason and not a very good one.

Have to see how Leftwich does tonight, and see which reciever steps up today. Reggie Williams and Matt Jones are on the hot seats and its possible that the one that doesn't impress this preseason could be a camp cut.

Colts vs Bears, I'll be watching the first quarter for a possible Devin Hester sighting. Kind of curious to see Grossman in action for a couple of series.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Matt Jones > Reggie Williams.

Leftwich is pretty good, it's crazy how his reputation is so bad.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:34 PM

JoA,

The Leftwich debate in Jacksonville is a sore one. There are now three camps of fans, Byron Fans, Garrard Fans, and those that wish Quinn was drafted fans.

Leftwich was put in such a crappy spot in having to fill the shoes of the most popular Jaguar in the history of the franchise. And the fact that he didn't see immediate success put so much pressure on him and many fans went against him. Then the injuries came, Garrard took the team to the playoffs, Leftwich lost in the playoffs and controversy began.

He is in a contract year and though he has said that he loves the city and would like to stay, I just don't see him signing with the team next year. At least, not right now. Maybe a successful season, a playoff win, and who knows, the offer the team might give him might be to hard to turn down.

This is a make or break year for alot of people. Del Rio, Leftwich, Mike Peterson, and the recieving corps. Mike Smith is a likely canidate for head coaching jobs this offseason, and losing a DC like him would be devastating. With all the changes going on down there the team needs to be successful, not only for people to keep their jobs but for the team to stay in Jacksonville.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:28 PM

It would be a shame if the Jags got blown up after this year, because despite their obvious problems, they're a fine football team.

And I love watching their defense torture teams at home in prime time games.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

The Leftwich debate in Jacksonville is a sore one. There are now three camps of fans, Byron Fans, Garrard Fans, and those that wish Quinn was drafted fans.

Leftwich was put in such a crappy spot in having to fill the shoes of the most popular Jaguar in the history of the franchise. And the fact that he didn't see immediate success put so much pressure on him and many fans went against him. Then the injuries came, Garrard took the team to the playoffs, Leftwich lost in the playoffs and controversy began.

He is in a contract year and though he has said that he loves the city and would like to stay, I just don't see him signing with the team next year. At least, not right now. Maybe a successful season, a playoff win, and who knows, the offer the team might give him might be to hard to turn down.

This is a make or break year for alot of people. Del Rio, Leftwich, Mike Peterson, and the recieving corps. Mike Smith is a likely canidate for head coaching jobs this offseason, and losing a DC like him would be devastating. With all the changes going on down there the team needs to be successful, not only for people to keep their jobs but for the team to stay in Jacksonville.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that is this a crucial year & we can't just flop, but I don't think we're on the way out of Jacksonville or anything. I think there is too much support from the town, Wayne Weaver, the fans, etc. Del Rio isn't as comfortable as most people think for sure.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:32 PM

I hope you are right. Single game tickets went on sale recently. Considering there was a waiting list for tickets just 1 year ago it's kind of disappointing that, that is the case. If there is a chance games could get blacked out, that just is not good news.

Though, the single game tickets could be a huge benefit for me when I go down to see a friend of mine in the area and catch the Raiders game.

BTW, the home schedule is not an enticing as it once was, with Vick mos tlikely not playing this season. Games that will easily be sold out are the Chargers and the Colts. Titans should be sold out as well. Texans, Falcons, Panthers, Bills, and Raiders may be nail biters.

I really hope the team does extremely well this year so I don't have to hear about this stuff every other day. I hate going to check blogs among various other things and seeing people worried about this. To be honest, I think "Los Angeles Jaguars," sounds absolutely horrible.