Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 08-12-2007, 05:26 PM

Default MP shortstacked minraiser, fold the mid pocket pair?

this hand history literarlly disappeared and isn't showing up in the HH log box ... but oh well here's the info:

$50 11k gtd tourney on AP.

MP raiser, has a VPIP of 16% with a PF raise of 4.6% with about 65 hands recorded. Im in cutoff+1 with 77, he minraises from UTG+2, and I am 2 to his left. blinds are 75/150 and he leaves himself with 1400. Im holding 77 with a 3k stack, should i just fold with the several players left to act behind me, and the fact that I could easily be in a dominated situation, as hes minraising with just over 10BBs ? Or see a flop and if its low and heads up call his shove / put him in ? i'm not getting the implied odds to call this and i could be dominated regardless of the flop so this is easy fold right?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: MP shortstacked minraiser, fold the mid pocket pair?

Depends on how the table has been. If the tables been aggressive behind you I probably fold. If the table has been loose passive where you might get a another stack to call to give you better implied odds then I'd call. Obviously I need to flop a set if I see a flop before any money goes in, unless the pf raiser checks 1st and 2nd street.