Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Comparing Strength\'s and weaknesses of Cardrunners and Pokerxfactor

CTS, Green Plastic and sbrugby vids are definately worth it. Stick w/ cardrunners
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Comparing Strength\'s and weaknesses of Cardrunners and Pokerxfacto

[ QUOTE ]
if you dont continue subscription of PXF for one month, but then want it again, you have to pay the 125$ setup fee again? This is what site says. . . . ? true?

[/ QUOTE ]
CardRunners is the same way.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you dont continue subscription of PXF for one month, but then want it again, you have to pay the 125$ setup fee again? This is what site says. . . . ? true?

[/ QUOTE ]
CardRunners is the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this wasnt the case id prolly drop some money on them.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:09 AM

The reason for this is to protect themselves. They're constantly adding videos to their library, so why should they do that if you just join for a month, watch everything, then cancel the subscription, and rinse + repeat in another 4 months?

I should add that I believe they do allow you to renew if you only canceled for a month or two, as long as you don't abuse it in the way I said above.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I should add that I believe they do allow you to renew if you only canceled for a month or two, as long as you don't abuse it in the way I said above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember reading that you can wait for up to three months without having to pay the signup fee again at Cardrunners.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been a member of both and would say that PXF is really good for limit holdem and MTTs and runners is the nutz when it comes to all forms of NL. I can't say much about PLO as I don't play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

PXF has limit holdem?? I dunno about that. CR is very good for LHE now, added a lot in the last little while.

I let my PXF lapse for a while before, a couple of months, and they let me sign up again with no setup fee, but I dunno whether I was just lucky or not. I've also heard that cardrunners has a set time period for this that's not too bad (I feel like it's 3 months but I don't wanna say for sure, cause I'm not 100% on it).
Old 11-16-2007, 12:18 PM

To protect themselves maybe... But uf i try one, think its good, then want to try the other and it sux, i dont want to go back to the first one again if it cost another 125$... lol that would cost me around 500$ to find out which one is better.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Tournament vids are much better in a replayer than live. The only thing you miss out on are occasional timing tells, but with the live vids, you get waaaaaaaaaaay less info in the same amount of time. You spend so much time just watching the player fold 72o and such. The fact that more of their vids are done on a replayer is pretty much the only thing PXF has going for them. The fact that they have a larger number of tournament videos is nice, but so many of them are by the same people that you aren't really getting that much variety.

Tournament videos by Adanthar, ActionJeff, and AaronBeen on CR are better, on average, than the PXF stuff, plus your subscription gives you access to amazing cash game videos by CTS, sbrugby, Jman, etc. Even if you don't play cash much, you should watch these just to improve your understanding of the game.

PXF is probably a little better if you're very new to tournaments and need a more comprehensive introduction to what you should be trying to do and why. But for sophisticated play, I much prefer CR.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Yea I'm looking for more of the late game situations in mtts. Like when it gets down to the final 3 tables what style of play or adjustments need to be made. I also want to see how they go about restealing as im sure this becomes very important late in tournaments.