Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Why is Vanessa Rousso always blabbing about game theory?

I do suck. Look me up on sharkscope on FTP.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope i can make it to her next clinic and she can tell me her game theory leading to this play::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_HYmEUKck

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the single worst played hand in the history of poker. She made about 5 mistakes in one hand.

1. I don't even like the call out of the SB, but ok
2. Check raising out of position with a draw into 3 other players without drawing to the nuts when there are 2 of suit on the board
3. Leading again on the turn out of position when a card that hits draws comes off.
4. CALLING a raise on the turn with nothing but a crappy draw?
5. Making a $5 bet into a what, $40k pot?

Seriously this girl has zero clue what she's doing. She's obviously some kind of luckbox to have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, point 4 & 5 are junk but 1 & 2 are fine, donk. And as a sidenote, do you often cr in position?

[/ QUOTE ]

PLease what site do you play at and what is your nick?

[/ QUOTE ]
pm sent
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 PM

also, how much do you bench? I am pretty sure you're a wuss and I am waaaay tougher/cooler/smarter.
oh yeah, and my dad could beat up your dad.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:33 PM

I haven't read any of this thread but my belief is that game theory is *huge* in top-mid / high-stakes poker. I think it might even be what seperates the breakeven players and the winners. Even though the winners might not realise that it is actually a huge part of their game.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:40 PM

here is some actual NVG:

while at the bluff/CR party in vegas i was talking to aaron beene who said he would challenge vanessa to a hu college game theory test 4 rollz!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here is some actual NVG:

while at the bluff/CR party in vegas i was talking to aaron beene who said he would challenge vanessa to a hu college game theory test 4 rollz!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful, Chad may challenge him to a bench press contest to show she is not full of it, in a junior high sort of way.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:50 AM

i'm going to boycott this bitch until i see tittie or pussie pictures
Old 07-21-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope i can make it to her next clinic and she can tell me her game theory leading to this play::

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the single worst played hand in the history of poker. She made about 5 mistakes in one hand.

2. Check raising out of position with a draw into 3 other players without drawing to the nuts when there are 2 of suit on the board
3. Leading again on the turn out of position when a card that hits draws comes off.

Seriously this girl has zero clue what she's doing. She's obviously some kind of luckbox to have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you're going to complete this out of the SB. Chk/raising this hand, is the best way to play this hand. You're often going to take it down right there. If you don't, a simple turn bet should get you there. Betting the turn is an obvious continuation of the semi-bluff and gets one of two better hands to fold (the one that didn't turn the nuts). Calling the turn raise is obviously a mistake. She might be thinking - "ok, he has a set. I still have my 8 outs for a straight, 4 of which can be chk/raised, and 11 flush cards can be bluffed." She then misplays the river with a bet that is just too small to be believed. 5 times out of 6, her play in this hand makes it so that no one ever sees the river card. Good play followed by bad turn card, and bad play. Good player. Very attractive. You all suck.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:37 AM

How the hell is game theory gonna help an average to below average player? It would be like studying physics to make a high school baseketball team.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you're going to complete this out of the SB. Chk/raising this hand, is the best way to play this hand. You're often going to take it down right there. If you don't, a simple turn bet should get you there. Betting the turn is an obvious continuation of the semi-bluff and gets one of two better hands to fold (the one that didn't turn the nuts). Calling the turn raise is obviously a mistake. She might be thinking - "ok, he has a set. I still have my 8 outs for a straight, 4 of which can be chk/raised, and 11 flush cards can be bluffed." She then misplays the river with a bet that is just too small to be believed. 5 times out of 6, her play in this hand makes it so that no one ever sees the river card. Good play followed by bad turn card, and bad play. Good player. Very attractive. You all suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
If Brandon isn't behind him, I don't think Bob Bright is going anywhere. Matter of fact, if he knew Brandon was calling in the first place, I think he folds the flop. She tried to rep a set and a flush all in the same hand, and did both poorly. And she sucks, believe me, I've played enough hands with her to know.