Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Moneygram is it as easy as sounds?

Any experiences would be great.. Does the bank know where the money is being sent? ty
Old 05-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Moneygram is it as easy as sounds?

I just went up to the supermarket to deposit on Stars for the bonus and it was really easy like 5 minutes and showed up on the site within an hour. Stars had like a little map in the cashier section that made it even easier. $9.95 fee on $600.

I was gonna deposit on Full tilt through Moneygram but they way they told me to do it was way different from Stars. I don't know if it was because Stars is using the Moneygram Express thing and Tilt is using regular Moneygram but the way Tilt told me to do it was more like a Western Union type deal.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:28 PM

Does stars pick up the 9.95 fee?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does stars pick up the 9.95 fee?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 PM

I had to pay the fee. Was looking around at what fees were and Western Union was outrageous at like $50 on $600, Paytru was gonna be like $25 or so I think and epassporte I didn't really consider since they've been so slow and I don't have a credit card so I have a standard account with $500 limit and needed $600 so don't even remember what the fee was gonna be on that.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:11 AM

I'm having a chicken and egg problem with Stars.

Do I go to Stars and tell them how much money I'm going to deposit at some future time, then they tell me what to tell Moneygram, or do I go to Moneygram and try to tell them who Pokerstars is?

The Stars cashier page says something about generating a one-time account number but I have no idea what that does or when I need it, before or after I go to the Moneygram store.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a chicken and egg problem with Stars.

Do I go to Stars and tell them how much money I'm going to deposit at some future time, then they tell me what to tell Moneygram, or do I go to Moneygram and try to tell them who Pokerstars is?

The Stars cashier page says something about generating a one-time account number but I have no idea what that does or when I need it, before or after I go to the Moneygram store.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one. They come up with a bogus company name and account number for your deposit, then use it with their agent to retrieve the money and credit your account.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:18 AM

"or do I go to Moneygram and try to tell them who Pokerstars is?"

Are you serious? Jesus christ guys, it takes one guy like this to ruin everything for online poker. Obviously only contact the merchant about issues or to ask questions (not moneygram!). They will more then take care of you. As my name states, use some common sense here PEOPLE.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:02 AM

Im gonna recap for people who still havent figured it out.
Figure out where you can moneygram near you.
Go to stars account- click the moneygram option- fill in the amount you plan to purchase.
Take the info Stars gave you when you filled out your amount.
They also email it to you.
Go to ANY moneygram agent- hopefully you found one near you.

"Hi I need to do a moneygram." That's literally all I had to say. Once I had the 7 digit code (I had to do it myself because our Super America has no dedicated moneygram phone nor the forms so I 1-800ed it from the outside payphone- you give the send codes etc you got from stars to the operator, she gives you the 7 digit code to actually pay.) I gave it to the clerk, he punches it in, the amount to pay comes up, he asks me to confirm it, I pay.

Never once did I get asked why I needed to send money. Unlike Western Union I was not asked whether it was business or personal or whether I knew who was picking it up.
I was never asked to show ID.
Nobody asked, I didn't volunteer. In all honesty this is how I tend to do business- it's none of anyones business until they show me I can't do it any other way.
Had they asked I would have said I don't ask them how they pay their bills.

Hand the money to the clerk. Despite what anyone says this is the most critical step. Seriously.
Go play poker.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:49 PM

i just went to a moneygram place and they gave me a form, and said i have to know the destination and receiver's name. they didnt say anything about a phone. i emailed stars and they gave me some automated response crap that didnt help me. maybe i should try another moneygram store?