Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Default NL25: New to MSNL, Would Like Feedback on Some Hands

Hi. I haven't played poker in a very long time, and started back with a very short, like 30 hand session at NL25 last night. I haven't played in so long that I was questioning decisions that felt like they were quite basic. I wasn't going to post the hands, because they seem quite pedestrian, but this morning I realised I still wasn't comfortable with all my plays. I'm sorry if these are boring hands, but I felt that the only way to get some advice was to post them as browsing the forum, I notice that hands that are being discussed tend to be much more marginal and difficult than these. Thanks for any help.

Hand 1: First hand. I don't have any reads on anyone, even myself. I don't think the c-bet is very good as it is quite likely that this flop hit one or the other of these players, so I took this kind of weak stab at it then gave up.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $6.25
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $34.25
MP: $9.90
CO: $11.30
BTN: $31.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, UTG calls $1.00, CO folds, SB calls $1.00

Flop: ($4) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, UTG calls $1.75, SB calls $1.75
Turn: ($9.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks
River: ($9.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Hand 2: This is the very next hand. I'm OOP, pairs are a big part of his range, and I've missed. I think I would often c-bet here but I check-fold.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $30.80
BB: $31.25
UTG: $9.90
MP: $11.05
CO: $31.45
BTN: $3.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.75, MP folds

Flop: ($2.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $1.50 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $2.50 ($0.10 Rake)

Hand 3: Perhaps one orbit later. This seems totally, totally standard. Maybe I shouldn't post this one. The reason I'm leaving it in is because I'm folding again post-flop here, and I became quite concerned about it.

SB: $11.05
BB: $10.80
UTG: $31.95
MP: $3.25
Hero (CO): $29.80
BTN: $30.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $1.50 returned to BB

Pot Size: $3.60 ($0.15 Rake)

Hand 4. Quite soon after. I am now starting to worry about my table image a bit, so I feel that I need to make a c-bet with my middle pair and play for this pot heads-up. However, on the turn this is an obvious fold.

SB: $12.50
BB: $31.95
UTG: $3.25
Hero (MP): $28.05
CO: $30.75
BTN: $10.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.25</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $4.25 returned to SB

Pot Size: $5.25 ($0.25 Rake)

Hand 5: Perhaps the call preflop is a bit loose? Anyway, that's clearly not my biggest mistake here, but what is? I think I should've check-folded the turn.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $25.30
BB: $28.00
UTG: $15.60
CO: $13.60
BTN: $31.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($0.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

River: ($5.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.75</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $2.75 returned to CO

Pot Size: $5.25 ($0.25 Rake)

Hand 6: This is only 25 or so hands in, and I am now somewhat worried that I have been aggressive and then folded multiple times.

SB: $27.75
BB: $15.60
UTG: $16.10
MP: $31.35
CO: $10.00
Hero (BTN): $22.80

CO posts $0.25
Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.00, SB calls $0.90, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $3.00</font>, 2 folds
Uncalled bet of $3.00 returned to MP

Pot Size: $3.75 ($0.15 Rake)
Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: NL25: New to MSNL, Would Like Feedback on Some Hands

Hand 1: You could raise a bit more preflop.
I usually give up on these flops, it's very likely it hit as least one of them. HU it could be a second barrel, but against 2 definately give up on the turn.

Hand 2: Cbet and fire lots of turns.

Hand 3: Good.

Hand 4: wp. You could bet the flop a bit harder because it's very draw heavy.

Hand 5: I rather c/c the flop. Fold to the raise, you don't beat anything.

Hand 6: I would call the flop bet. You're well ahead of his range.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM

Hand 1: I raise more preflop, you have three limpers in front, raise to $1.75 or $2. If you still get three callers I don't cbet this flop.

Hand 2: I raise more preflop, especially out of position. At least $1.50, probably more. Fire at flop.

Hand 3: Looks good to me. What a bad flop for you.

Hand 4: I'd maybe bet a little more on the flop but looks pretty good

Hand 5: I find it hard to build a big pot OOP when you get that miracle flop. It's also hard to play a hand when you hit one pair without much of a kicker. I fold preflop. As played I often fold flop to the minraise, it's usually two pair or something trying not to lose a customer. Perhaps I'm weak though.

Hand 6: Depends on villain. Probably call and see what happens on turn.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:01 PM

1: Raise more preflop ($2), don't cbet that flop with 3 others in the pot.

2: Raise more preflop. Since you are OOP, maybe to $2. Against one limp/caller cbet the flop.

3: Standard, nh.

4: Standard

5: Preflop call is fine, I also think leading is fine, but fold to the turn bet.

6: HU, I'd raise this flop in position, but because the pot is multiway with SB to act after you, I think it's a standard fold.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Thanks very much for the replies-they were quite helpful.