Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 04-14-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Opinions on where this thread belongs?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

*TT* msged me saying he would like it moved to B&M. It's far from a big deal to me, but I do feel that the setting is far closer to a home game than that of brick and mortar, knowing the Atlanta home games that a friend plays in. I mean, B&M is B&M, and this isn't B&M. Having their game robbed in this fashion isn't exactly a big concern for B&M players, while for certain home poker players it certainly can be. Opinions?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Opinions on where this thread belongs?

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

*TT* msged me saying he would like it moved to B&M. It's far from a big deal to me, but I do feel that the setting is far closer to a home game than that of brick and mortar, knowing the Atlanta home games that a friend plays in. I mean, B&M is B&M, and this isn't B&M. Having their game robbed in this fashion isn't exactly a big concern for B&M players, while for certain home poker players it certainly can be. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I see it underground card rooms are the domain of B&M andregular private games are the domain of Home Poker, its alway been that way that I can recall. Underground card rooms have a lot more in common with B&M than they do with home games, they are organized like a business and usually have hired dealers. Additionally RR used to work in the underground clubs, and I used to promote a game/was a regular in the NYC underground clubs. I think our combined experience is better suited to moderate this sensitive topic, and the B&M forum is the right forum to host it.

On a related topic, the reason why I was interested in moderating B&M was to help protect players in underground games after we learned NYPD was reading B&M and Craig's List to find out where the underground card rooms were located. Its a very personal topic for me, I was in a raid of a 1 week old card room when they asked us how we found out about the games. They listed all the known sources to make sure we were being watched.