Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Quick Ruling

Read Robert's rules several times, don't remember this being covered:

@Taj, We're at showdown, no river bet, I muck after it checks around. Douche1 peeks at my cards without my permission. Douche2 demands to see my cards under "show one show all". Obviously, we kick both in the nuts and then...
Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Quick Ruling

A Rule of Life:

Don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@Taj, We're at showdown, no river bet, I muck after it checks around. Douche1 peeks at my cards without my permission. Douche2 demands to see my cards under "show one show all". Obviously, we kick both in the nuts and then...

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming both douches were with you at the showdown, here's MHO:

Douche 1 gets a warning to not touch anyone elses cards, ever. Do it again, and it's "Have a nice night sir".

I grudgingly allow Douche 2 to see your cards because (1) Douche 1 exposed them plus (2) the IWTSTH rule still applies.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:10 PM

If Taj allows IWTSTH the end result was the same as if Douche1 had politely asked the dealer to expose your cards. But Douche1 deserves a kick for touching someone else's cards and should be schooled not to do that in the future. Douche2 made a reasonable request and isn't to blame for Douche1 peeking. Only one kick going out on this one.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Taj allows IWTSTH the end result was the same as if Douche1 had politely asked the dealer to expose your cards. But Douche1 deserves a kick for touching someone else's cards and should be schooled not to do that in the future. Douche2 made a reasonable request and isn't to blame for Douche1 peeking. Only one kick going out on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kick anyone in the balls who uses IWTSTH cards for information. Wasn't sweating it but then Douche2 mouthed off. Neither douches were in the hand, but I am just asking for information, assuming IWTSTH doesn't apply?