Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Instructions on setting up a Proxy Server

[ QUOTE ]
I was able to setup a proxy using the findnot internet secuirty suite. While using a proxy server in canada, UK, ect. I was able to sign up for poker sites that normally do not allow americans to sign up for. So looks like if you are searching for a commerical way to get around anything like that, the findnot software worked pretty well.
Tho at this point it looks like pokerstars will continue to allow americans to play, so for now I don't have much use for it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've talked to a fair number of people who have had neteller accounts permanently closed while using findnot. I think it is used for a lot of fraud.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is used for a lot of fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOL'd at this!! Consider the irony!! LOL
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is used for a lot of fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOL'd at this!! Consider the irony!! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

proper fraud
Old 10-16-2006, 05:43 PM

Note on Party: I d/l'd it and installed (didn't bother trying to deposit...I hate that place) and checked the ports in use. While there were port 80 and 443 connections (which would be proxied) there were also other connections on a non-www port. This could be an issue if you're using party via a proxy and not a VPN since there's a strong chance that connection will still show them your real IP address.

Weather they care or not remains to be seen.

To verify yourself, the easiest way would be to download tcpview (free) and fire it up when you log on to party. If you see party's .exe connecting to any address besides the proxy you're using, then they would know your real IP.

Note this would only affect a proxied connection. If you're using a VPN or logging into a terminal server to play, then this would not be any concern as *all* traffic would appear to come from your remote VPN or TS service's IP.

Edit: I did NOT try running through a proxy so I didn't verify that the other port used isn't being proxied (sorry for the double negative). It'd be useful if someone currently set up on a proxy used tcpview and reported back. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Shroomy for the tip on findnot.com. I am on there site and they seem rather shady. Have you tried there services? Is this the new reality for the new "underground" poker scene that we have to deal with shady merchants in order to play our favorite game? Because I will if it works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Please advise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very, very bad idea. Sharing public proxies with others who may be committing fraud is a good way to get your NETeller or poker accounts locked permanently.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very, very bad idea. Sharing public proxies with others who may be committing fraud is a good way to get your NETeller or poker accounts locked permanently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya geez your right I didnt think of that... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Seeing as how my Neteller is useless and all my poker accounts are permanently locked anyway I fail to see your point.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya geez your right I didnt think of that... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Seeing as how my Neteller is useless and all my poker accounts are permanently locked anyway I fail to see your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what do you plan on using a public proxy for?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:36 AM

Could someone let me know how to actually do this? Im happy to pay for a service
Old 10-19-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone let me know how to actually do this? Im happy to pay for a service

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump cause i want to know how and i'm sooooo computer illierate (and I can't spell either)