Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Greedy dealer or cheap grinder? (toke involved)

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully someone else will confirm, but my friend who is a veteran dealer gets $16 tourny rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the base pay (i.e. what Borgata itself pays them) for dealing any type of tournament, or is this rather what the average down rate is going at for getting downs during the daily tournaments?

For example, I've heard that Caesars LV pays dealers a special rate for doing "special tournaments" and the such, such as freerolls, Camp Hellmuth, stuff like that, while everything else in the room (the daily tournies, the SNGs, Circuit Events, and of course live action) is paid at min/close-to-min wage + tips.

So are you saying Borgata's paying $16/hr for any and all tourney dealing? Because that sounds... weird.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So are you saying Borgata's paying $16/hr for any and all tourney dealing? Because that sounds... weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my understanding, his base rate is (I think) around $7 and his tourny rate (I know) is $16/hr. If he gets a tourny string (which includes SNGs, MTTs and dead SNG tables) he makes $16/hr. I wish there was someone to confirm, I personally don't like asking people how much they make but I've heard him talk about his tourny rate before.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:14 AM

dealer should have said 'thank you', and saved his bitching for when he got home..
Old 08-22-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard the avg dealer in vegas makes 64K a year. That's incredible...

You know what that means? That we're all tipping too much, it's not like LV's cost of living is ridiculously high (outside the strip of course).

Can anybody confirm? 64K is more than I make, and I'm in a technical profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not be a really good tech or you need a need job.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? First year first year analysts for many financial jobs, consulting jobs, engineering jobs, are all 56K base + bonus.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:47 PM

In AC, we cut the pot for the dealers' tipout first (particularly if there is a chop). This way, no player can over tip the dealer to coerce other players to do likewise. Plus in AC dealers rotate tables (even SNGs) about every 45 minutes so invariably there is a tip pool for the event.
In AC ususally the event manager asks for a dealer tipout and he/she puts in in for polled tips.

A) The Dealer had no business asking/demanding anything
B) I'd be more concerned that two players just cut their profit by roughly %50 and 30% respectively due to this Dealer's conduct
Old 08-24-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the avg dealer in vegas makes 64K a year. That's incredible...

You know what that means? That we're all tipping too much, it's not like LV's cost of living is ridiculously high (outside the strip of course).

Can anybody confirm? 64K is more than I make, and I'm in a technical profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to know what the better looking cocktail waitresses make.