Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting

Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Negreanu has to lighten up about American Idol.

The good singers are so bland and boring this season that it's up to the bad singers to provide the real entertainment. And Sanjaya delivers better than any of them. I mean, a fauxhawk for God's sake! (and honorable mention for Haley's hot pants).
Old 03-29-2007, 04:56 AM

I'm so sick of people like VFTW and Albert Belle who are like the terrorists and trying to take away our freedoms.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM

The US and A should bomb & invade Vftwistan!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:38 AM

Sanjaya won;t make it to the final 2 and probably not the final 4, but compared to the other 4 or 5 remaining, he realy does have almost the same talent as them,the remining, except for lakesh, melinda, jordon and blake. he is entertaining and has a good heart. he deserves to be there. he will eventualy go in about three weeks.

but hoinestly, he can sing better than haley and has a better personality and is more fun to watch than all of the other guys, except for maybe, blake.

Daniel, maybe you need to have a drinkl before the show and relax a little.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The good singers are so bland and boring this season that it's up to the bad singers to provide the real entertainment. And Sanjaya delivers better than any of them. I mean, a fauxhawk for God's sake! (and honorable mention for Haley's hot pants).

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.... ex: sanjaya, i have no interest in watching any other contestants. i did like to see brandon and antonella but they're gone.....

i think the EACH of the top 7 from last year (T, Cat, elliott, daughtry, pickler, ace, bucky) are far more interesting than this year's crop, save for sanjaya...

sanjaya provides entertainment. maybe unintentional comedy to some, but i think entertainment to everyone (even the haters)
Old 03-29-2007, 01:04 PM

Frankly, it's not all that much different from what terrorists are trying to accomplish. They want to take your liberties and your freedom away from you. They've accomplished a lot, and anyone who's ever been to an airport since 9/11 should understand that.

Terrorists don't want you to be happy. They don't want you to enjoy things and if they can find a way to destroy something you enjoy, they'll try.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, it's not all that much different from what terrorists are trying to accomplish. They want to take your liberties and your freedom away from you. They've accomplished a lot, and anyone who's ever been to an airport since 9/11 should understand that.

Terrorists don't want you to be happy. They don't want you to enjoy things and if they can find a way to destroy something you enjoy, they'll try.

sounds like the government [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM

I think you guys are taking NEGREANU too seriously. It's like you read the first part and not his qualification, where he admits he's exaggerating to make a point:

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously making a comparison between American Idol and terrorism seems absurd, and it is, but it helps illustrate my point. If enough hateful people thought this prank was a good idea and ended up backing the winner, it would destroy the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just drawing a parallel which is -- BY DESIGN -- outrageous... so that you pay attention to Daniel's point, which is merely that a mass of people can disrupt a fair process due to vengeful motives.

I disagree with him, but he's allowed to draw that "absurd" parallel without being labeled a nutjob.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:21 PM

I'd say he needs to work on his analogies then. Using terrorism and a cheesy reality-tv show in the same breath is silly.

Besides his entire premise is that people voting for Sanjaya want to "ruin" it for everyone else, which is not true. A lot of people are voting for him because they find him enjoyable/entertaining/funny/cute/etc. This is a show where you vote for who you want to see again on tv the next week. Lots of people evidently want to see Sanjaya, so lighten up and enjoy the cheesiness DN.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:54 AM

The fact is, Idol starts each season with several talentless poor souls and displays them for America to laugh at.

Why do they show us the early audition tapes of the people who can't carry a tune or keep a beat?

The cruel critiques by Simon are the reason many people tune in.

The show itself is mean spirited. It's silly to get upset when other mean spirited people try to ruin the show by voting for Sanjaya.

There are people who watch for the beautiful girls blessed with great voices.

There are people who watch to see Simon skewer the no-talents.

And there are people who watch for the trains wrecks, like William Hung and Sanjaya.

The fact that I've never watched a single minute of "American Idol", and all I know about the show is what I've seen and heard through other media, proves they must be doing something right.