worst poll evar , tex. EVAR EVAR EVAR. 5 8.77%
10K fight yo! 18 31.58%
no, i'm a favorite, i have six outs, your Aces only have two outs 2 3.51%
grimstarr>HIV>mcbusto>everyone>OP 0 0%
sorryfor trolling you wildgulf- let's be friends again 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct

IDK. I don't like either. I also hate McNabb. There are what 4 QBs sellings your team for right now. Romo, Brady, and Manning and maybe Palmer. Favre has been good and I know he's played good Ds the last 2 weeks (well kinda) and struggled.

We'd have to see though, he still has eli and I know he isn't that much a fan of Brees.

I'm only pulling this b/c I got Baltimore off the waiver wire (i know wtf) and I already have a really good D in Pittsburgh (who really needs 2 ds).
Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 PM

good thing i listened to every frickin analyst in the world and started warner this week. guess i have an empty roster spot.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM

Standard yahoo scoring, 10 person league.

My WRs and running backs: Moss, Housh, Driver, Kevin Curtis, Greg Jennings, Addai, Reggie Bush, Derrick Ward, DeShaun Wynn. I was offered Brian Westbrook and Vincent Jackson for Ward and Housh. I took the deal.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IDK. I don't like either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was wondering. And it's possible the other guy thinks he's giving up something there. I'd go through the schedule game by game, and decide whether you'd probably start McNabb, Brees, or Favre in each given week.

I know Brees looked pretty good last night, but Seattle never really pressured him, and I'd be very concerned that Colston seems to have fallen out of the mix (along with D. Henderson). David Patten and Lance Moore are not an inspirational WR tandem.

And yeah, Favre has been shaky for a couple weeks, but I think he's an ideal 2nd QB. Never gets hurt, is always gonna get his chucks in, and with McNabb, you can afford to just play his optimal matchups, or ride his hot streaks.

In other words, I'd leave the QB part out of the deal, if possible.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:05 PM

Anyone know what the heck I can do with Cutler and Rivers? I have this combo on 3 of my teams and they've sucked it up so far, so doesn't seem like they have much trade value. One team I have Derek Anderson on and the other Bulger (I know, 3 Qbs on team is dumb but all my other positions are very solid). If Cutler gets beat down next week, does he become a drop?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know what the heck I can do with Cutler and Rivers? I have this combo on 3 of my teams and they've sucked it up so far, so doesn't seem like they have much trade value. One team I have Derek Anderson on and the other Bulger (I know, 3 Qbs on team is dumb but all my other positions are very solid). If Cutler gets beat down next week, does he become a drop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulger has 0 value basically. In your league with Anderson, attempt to shop Rivers and Cutler and if you get no bites drop Cutlet. In the league with Bulger, I think you are screwed. I dropped Bulger two weeks ago.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 PM

omg sorry for the super standard question here, but I'm just making sure I'm not missing something here. I own both Witten and Cooley. I'm being offered Edwards+Kris Brown (kicker throw in) for Witten+Maroney for B. This is an auto accept right ? My running back situation is strong.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 AM

hey guys,

marion barber III and wes welker
for
shaun alexender

who is getting the best of this deal??
Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 AM

Marion Barber has been getting around 8 carries per game, and they don't seem to really need him. Julius Jones steals carries here.

Wes Welker might have just had a good game bc of a favorable match up, but it's hard to tell whether or not that will continue. Having Brady certainly helps. But he's still only the #3 WR in that offense. Good thing Brady doesn't play favorites.

Shaun Alexander has been very disappointing lately. Is it the cast? The loss of Strong as a lead blocker? Alexander has potential, yes, but based on his performances the last few games he won't do much. Plus, his team is horrible. On the bright side, they have some favorable match ups coming soon. St Louis and Cleveland should show whether or not he's a total bust.

I think whoever gets Marion Barber and Wes Welker comes out slightly ahead just because Alexander has been struggling. At one point, I wanted Alexander but realized that there are better options out there. This might not be his year.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct ***

With Warner out, how is that going to affect Fitzgerald's value? Way down? Can Rattay really be that bad?

I can't get a single trade to go through in my league because there only needs to be 3 people to veto. There are a few guys who veto any trade that will make one team better. It has to be perfectly balanced for them to accept it. There's a guy trying to get rid of Shaun Alexander and he's willing to accept some low offers. (Derrick Ward and Randle El) But these other guys just shoot it down.

What's a fair trade for someone like Alexander now? I need a better second RB and the other team is hurting for WRs.
I would really like Willie Parker and would be even be willing to give up Chad Johnson for him, but I was already told that it would be vetoed. Is it really that lopsided??

10 team league, 3WR, 2RB

QB Peyton Manning
QB David Garrard

WR Marvin Harrison
WR TJ Housh
WR Chad Johnson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Antwaan Randle El
WR Wes Welker

RB Brian Westbrook
RB Earnest Graham
RB Brian Leonard