Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Tunica NLHE regulars

"Phiphika1453 - Al - Black guy late 30's to early 40's. The definition of a short stacker in the cash NL games. And takes foooooorrrrrreeeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrrr to act on his hands. He has some very good tournament results."
Old 10-03-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Phiphika1453 - Al - Black guy late 30's to early 40's. The definition of a short stacker in the cash NL games. And takes foooooorrrrrreeeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrrr to act on his hands. He has some very good tournament results."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some stories about Al. I think I have shared some of them with some people by PM. I won't be posting them here, but I am surprised they still let him play.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't be posting them here, but I am surprised they still let him play.

[/ QUOTE ] Me too.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some stories about Al. I think I have shared some of them with some people by PM. I won't be posting them here, but I am surprised they still let him play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me and I thank you for that. I might see him play in 1 thie weekend. I'll try to focus on it.

Whoever said they had a tell on Roland could be a real nice person and PM it to me.

I neeeeeeeeeed the help real bad. I'm too tight I am the worst
Old 10-05-2007, 12:49 AM

I do know Earl. His game is VERY good. He plays mostly 10-20 at the shoe. Very nice guy. I know he used to play alot in vegas...
Old 10-05-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last weekend I was at ST and I played with the most miserable person ever. I think his name was Don. Honestly he comes across as a rock....just as tight as they come. But he gambled it up quite a bit. So I guess he was doing his job.

A quick hand that I witnessed with Don. It went the usual raise to 18 with a few callers. The flop came J-2-3 with 2 diamonds. First guy checks and Don bets 50. Folds to button who calls. The turn is a brick. Don bets 100 and button hesitates and calls. Don is visibly upset.

River is a D.

Don is furious and checks. The button checks back and shows the nuts. Ok I'm confused but I swear it happened and they were not together. This guy Don is a regular who doesn't seem to have many friends.

Anyway so after the hand a guy to my left named Woody nudges me and says :watch this". He stands up and yells at his friend Robert. While he yells at him woody does this dance that we've all seen before like someone holding a bar and doing a square around it.

so robert runs over and asks what happens. woody tells him Don had the nuts until a guy called all his chips off in a bad way and totally sucks out on Don. So Robert starts screaming and doing that weird dance. I know it sounds jerkish for those two but that guy Don was such a jerk it was justified.

Cliff notes - Don gambles it up but is a jerk.

P.S. - This Satruday at 11am at ST there's a 5k added 125 entry freezeout.

P.P.S. - My name is Robert but not that Robert that dances. Although that Robert is cool and very funny. Tall, salt n pepper colored hair, and maybe early - mid 40's.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I played with Robert and Woody when I was at ST last month. Woody got so mad at having received one too many dueces that he bent the corners on one. He almost got tossed for it. Robert, having fun with it, almost got tossed for asking if he could have the card. The floor was NOT amused.

In another thread I mentioned the regulars from Hollywood having moved to ST. Robert and Woody were among that group.

A few notes on those guys:
Woody is decent and willing to gamble it up, but he is prone to steaming a bit. You can stay with him, but know that if he pushes really hard, he probably has it. Will play low cards, even unsuited, if the price is fairly cheap.

Robert is pretty TAG. If you talk with Robert for a while and are friendly with him, take note of when he's trying to get you out of a hand so he can bust someone else. Try to sit on his left and chat him up. You can use this to your advantage.