Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Tunica NLHE regulars

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Angotti - Tall italian guy. Is a real estate agent in Memphis. He likes to play games other than Hold 'em and fairly good at them too.

[/ QUOTE ] He used to deal at Horseshoe.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played with Al before too.
That guy freaking lives there.
doesn't he sleep at the table between hands sometimes and the dealer has to wake him up?

[/ QUOTE ] Not this dealer. I've given him missed blind buttons when he nods off and dealt around him. I dealt him out for 30 minutes once and he never knew. On a side note he is a very good short stack NL player.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Angotti - Tall italian guy. Is a real estate agent in Memphis. He likes to play games other than Hold 'em and fairly good at them too.

[/ QUOTE ] He used to deal at Horseshoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he the one that left the Shoe and went to GS for a while?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've played with Al before too.
That guy freaking lives there.
doesn't he sleep at the table between hands sometimes and the dealer has to wake him up?

[/ QUOTE ] Not this dealer. I've given him missed blind buttons when he nods off and dealt around him. I dealt him out for 30 minutes once and he never knew. On a side note he is a very good short stack NL player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've seen him dealt-out too.
Usually the dealer will keep giving him a few hands while he is nodding off in-between and then after a couple tries will realize that he's taking too long with has cards and THEN he will be dealt out.
Sometimes even waving off the dealer a little bit so he can sit there and sleep and practically drool at the table.
That's what I've seen happen with him a couple times I think.

I'm not sure I would consider him a good short-stack player though. I think I've seen him make plays that I considered pretty questionable.

The tale of him folding the JJ in the rebuy period is pretty strange.

Do others on here who have played with him think he is a decent player?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:43 PM

There's another hand that I played against Ahmad that might describe him better than anything else I said.

Pretty much everyone limped for the $2 and a guy in MP raises to 12. ahmad calls then it's folded to me and I call with 4s7s. The flop was 5d6d8x. first guy bets 30, Ahmad calls and I raise it to 80. First better folds and Ahmad calls. Turn brings a non-suited brick and Ahmad checks I go all in for maybe 150 more and he calls. The river brings a 3rd diamond and we both show 4-7.

Ahmad who in a friendly was was telling me I shouldn't have raised the flop. We talked a lil more and I told him I wanted more money but didn't want a FD to get there cheap. He basically said you have to gamble to win big pots.

In all honesty I think I need to be looser and he needs to be tighter. But who am I to give him advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's another hand that I played against Ahmad that might describe him better than anything else I said.

Pretty much everyone limped for the $2 and a guy in MP raises to 12. ahmad calls then it's folded to me and I call with 4s7s. The flop was 5d6d8x. first guy bets 30, Ahmad calls and I raise it to 80. First better folds and Ahmad calls. Turn brings a non-suited brick and Ahmad checks I go all in for maybe 150 more and he calls. The river brings a 3rd diamond and we both show 4-7.

Ahmad who in a friendly was was telling me I shouldn't have raised the flop. We talked a lil more and I told him I wanted more money but didn't want a FD to get there cheap. He basically said you have to gamble to win big pots.

In all honesty I think I need to be looses and he needs to be tighter. But who am I to give him advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

With your hand in a 3 way pot...heck, I raise it everytime...but that's why we have a strat forum so I won't go there. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is he the one that left the Shoe and went to GS for a while?

[/ QUOTE ] I dont know where he went after the Shoe.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 PM

I'll be playing at the G.S. tonite and maybe tomorrow as well.
Any 2+2ers that see me, pleas say Hello.
I'll be at the 1-2 NL in jeans and a burnt orange Tshirt that says "Go Long".
Tomorrow, probably a navy T shirt.
No hat. Thin, short brown hair. 41 yrs. old.

I'm looking forward to seeing if I can spot some of the folks mentioned in this thread!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:19 PM

I just got back from there...... I might try and go again Saturday.

I did get a pic of Roland. I see him there ALL the time.... Maybe there's 2 Rolands.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did get a pic of Roland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to post it or just tell us about it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]