Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

[ QUOTE ]
kerowo,

Holla for calling me an idiot. When you can't respond to reasonable points, ad hominem is generally the best way to go.

[ QUOTE ]
So the guy wasn't even there? That's what your saying? He has no responsibility at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy has as much responsibility as a sperm donor does to a woman who patronizes a sperm bank and has "his" child. Which is to say, yeah, none.

I would change my mind if, say, there were specific health issues with the woman getting an abortion, such that she had no choice but to have the child. But she does have a choice. And with choice comes with responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you read my post and get out of it that I'm comparing abortion with a television show there is nothing left to do but call you an idiot.

Your position that a man has no responsibility to care of a child of his unless he wants to is charming in a "comprimise is weak" sort of way but is pointless to this discussion. Your view is your own but it isn't shared by many in society and thankfully hasn't been the case for 50 years or so. I'm sure the women you want to go out with would love to hear this crap from you.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it sad that you would break a friendship over not getting a car for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about the car. It's about the principle. A man's word is his bond. And a person who doesn't value his word is someone I don't want to be associated with.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:40 PM

kerowo,

Purple monkey dishwasher.

I'm satisfied with my contribution to this thread, so I'll leave it be from here on out.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your prior posts make the assumption that they do and should think accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what you're talking about anymore. Yes, I am making an argument from my perspective. No, I do not assume that everyone shares my argument or I wouldn't bother making it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not couching it as your perspective and one among many. You are couching it as if you had the definitive answers and a lock on morality. You are not opening up the discussion, but closing it down.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Ditto.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it sad that you would break a friendship over not getting a car for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about the car. It's about the principle. A man's word is his bond. And a person who doesn't value his word is someone I don't want to be associated with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think making a jump from "at the time she didn't realize how she would feel when she agreed to an abortion" to "she doesn't value her word" is a pretty big leap.

BTW, I am ardently pro-choice. I have no pro-life agenda when I say that the man is also responsible if a child results.

Regardless of whether you like it or not, regardless of "fairness", that baby doesn't exist if OP doesn't have sex with his GF. There is no agreement he can make beforehand to absolve himself of responsibility for it.

Life isn't fair. The sooner some of the posters in this thread figure that out, the happier the lives they will lead.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:44 PM

This sounds like substituting rolling over and playing dead for figuring out how to lead a happier life.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kerowo,

Holla for calling me an idiot. When you can't respond to reasonable points, ad hominem is generally the best way to go.

[ QUOTE ]
So the guy wasn't even there? That's what your saying? He has no responsibility at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy has as much responsibility as a sperm donor does to a woman who patronizes a sperm bank and has "his" child. Which is to say, yeah, none.

I would change my mind if, say, there were specific health issues with the woman getting an abortion, such that she had no choice but to have the child. But she does have a choice. And with choice comes with responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So nothing could occur between the time you talked about winning the lottery and him actually winning it that would make you understand his decision not to give you car? For instance, his mom gets cancer and needs expensive treatement?
Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kerowo,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought only men had responsibilities? You're not playing fair!

Or are part of the Patriarchy too? And the liberal media. Confess it! You're men, aren't you? AREN'T YOU!!! Male communists!