PokerStars $0.10/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $30.75
MP: $28.10
CO: $50.45
Button: $24.90
SB: $43.40
BB: $7.05

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, UTG calls $2.25.

Turn: ($7.35) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $4.75</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $9.50</font>, Hero folds.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: turn 2 pair and get minraised

Wow. I might get smacked around by people here who are actually good at NL, but at the very least, I'm calling the min raise and calling a reasonable river bet.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 PM

It does basically look like KT, 22, or aces up. Turn checkraises at NL25 are usually very strong hands. And the fact that it's a preflop raiser that Villian is ambush-checkraising on this broadway board is not very encouraging, either.

That said, I'm not sure I'd actually find the discipline to fold at the table. (I'd try to find some excuse to see the river instead.)
Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 PM

you are beat here alot. at stars 25nl, one of my areas of expertise (practically have a PhD in it), if you get check-minraised, you are looking at two pair+ a huge % of the time, especially when you are the pfr and there is an ace on the board (since they are saying they can beat AK, which is what they put the pfr on a lot). there really is nothing you beat, except AK, which is possible, but i'd expect it to c/r the drawy flop. they don't semibluff check-minraise the turn at 25nl.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:27 AM

This is often a fold. Sometimes it's a re-raise and it might even be a call depending on the opponent. But given the opponent's action (you got Baluga'ed) and the board texture, anything less than top 2 is usually no good here. Your default action now should be to fold.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:16 AM

i would check the flop. you don't have much to protect from, you rarely get called by worse, and you're not really looking to play a big pot if you hit most of your outs. only the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a card where you'll be really happy playing for stacks. you can play defensively on the turn and river, trying to extract value if he checks.

as played i think you made a good fold