Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 07:27 PM

Default NL10: Extracting money

One of my leaks is clearly extracting money with made hands. In this situation, CO villain has played solid -- though his call of the re-raise would suggest otherwise. What should I have done here to get more money in the pot? I have been at the table for a half hour and c-betting everything in sight. If I check, doesn't that raise alarm bells? Or is a check mandatory here?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $10.20
BB: $19.90
UTG: $16.95
MP: $7.25
CO: $9.75
BTN: $58.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.45</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.40</font>, BB folds, CO calls $1.30, BTN folds
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to CO

Flop: ($3.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, CO folds
Uncalled bet of $2.00 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $3.35 ($0.30 Rake)
Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: NL10: Extracting money

standard. Board drawy so we need to also bet for protection, yea we have top set which is obv great but when we check and he checks behind and hits his draw on the turn not soo great anymore. Also if villian is solid then we arent gona get value out of him if he has like an underpair so checkin we just hope he hits a 2 outer or somethin. And a c/r is def gona scare away just about any 1 pair hands, if he is willin to call/raise after we c/r then he will def call/raise a flop cbet. Also buildin a pot is nice. Basically i see no reason to not bet this flop, unless you ONLY bet when you have the goods.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 PM

Yes it does set off an alarm. You want to build the pot as well and lot let him catch up for cheap with a drawy board out there.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:08 PM

played it fine. I would do the same, protect myself from the flush draw whilst building the pot