Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2006, 10:19 AM
 is offline

Default Putting Marriage Proposal Ideas into Action...

This post is a follow-up to the following one, originally posted on 5/9:

Engagement Proposal Ideas

In the true spirit of ignoring the adage "[censored] or get off the pot," I still have not popped the question. I'm still working on finalizing the perfect idea, as I really want to go for the ol' sweep her off her feet approach (keep in mind, I've been with this girl for over 7 years, so it will have to be something completely over the top in order to WOW her).

Here is where I have gotten so far. As far as logistics go, I was hoping that some of the 2+2er NYers could provide some much-needed input.

<u>Idea 1: Movie Coming Attraction Proposal</u> - On a "typical" dinner and a movie date, a trailer comes on before the movie starts which is essentially a personalized, "home-made" trailer with pictures of us and our song that ends with the title WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Pros
-We both love movies
-We can easily visit there every year on an anniversary
-It's fairly unique and romantic
-It's consistent with my life-long passion (making movies)
-Could easily be made private (rent out entire theater)

Cons
-Corny?
-Could come off as VERY cheeseball depending on what the actual trailer ends up looking like
-Do girls who want to be romanced really want to be proposed to in the movies? (And do I want to be on one knee at the movies?)
-Difficult to pull off and relies on too many people (though my uncle is the head projectionist at the NYC IMAX and I have a friend in film school in LA).

<u>Idea 2: Planetarium Proposal</u>

Pros
-She always wanted to go on a date here, but we never have
-Can be combined with blindfolding to add to romantic setting

Cons
-Can a planterium in NYC be rented out for a private party?
-Can they do anything cool like write words in the stars?

<u>Idea 3: Central Park Nighttime Picnic</u>

Pros
-she surprised me years ago with a candlelit evening in Washington Square Park years ago, so it has a nice "full circle" aspect to it
-obviously romantic
-can be combined with Ideas 1 or 2 very easily (perhaps even with a limo)

Cons
-Logistics for legally setting up a candlelit dinner in Central Park? Sounds like I will need to consult NYPD.
-Dinner sounds tough to pull off in the Park. I'd be willing to pay for a restaurant staff for an hour. Not sure if this is even affordable, let alone possible.

As you can see, there's a lot of gaps that I need to fill in quick if I am going to pull this off. The last thing I want to do is not get my act together and end up delivering a half-assed proposal. I'd like to start this marriage off on a good note. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]