Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (8/7) ($3,000 NL)

I believe if Beth had better poker etiquette and did not flash her husband the upside down v signs to indicate AA-BEFORE the guy with KK called (Hell to pay if he did fold-from Hellmuth), and didn't pump her fist, dance and show the camera AA before her oppenents even saw her hand, she may not be getting the personal insults. When you act so obnoxious, people get catty.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did everyone think of the way Shankar played that final hand? I thought it was pretty gross. I mean, how the hell do you stack off there with second pair? Am I way off here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Final table edited down to about 1 1/2 hours of air time and it took roughly 9 hours to complete. Plus these people may have played together for hours before the final table.

My point: Familiarity with a player and reads come into play. TV doesn't show that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shankar seemed like one of the best at the table for sure, but that A8 hand was really bad regardless of any "read". Once you get to the flop like that, calling on the flop with middle pair is an insta-call, the bad thing is just calling that big reraise preflop. WTF are you looking for calling that raise? Then you hit an 8 and have to think? You have to either just shove or fold that preflop IMHO.

Beth actually seemed to play decent; obviously she's no poker genius and seemed to be playing a pretty basic "Kill Phil" style but she didn't make any giant mistakes. The AQ threeway was marginal at best but not horrendous since she had them both covered (would've been retarded if not).

IMHO the funniest thing was that that Ben guy seemed to be truly rattled by Phil and got talked off a few hands. When Phil opened his button with KT and then starded his talk, the kid folds A3s from the SB which is a total auto-insta-push. Phil was playing so retarded, opening for half his stack with rags that he doesn't want to call a raise with even though he should.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 PM

Hellmuth's such a survivalist at times he might have thanked her for making third party fold Kings. Plus, being heads up AA v AA would have been a good chance to get more insurance off Ivey. 10-1 sounds about right.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shankar seemed like one of the best at the table for sure, but that A8 hand was really bad regardless of any "read". Once you get to the flop like that, calling on the flop with middle pair is an insta-call, the bad thing is just calling that big reraise preflop. WTF are you looking for calling that raise? Then you hit an 8 and have to think? You have to either just shove or fold that preflop IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is pretty much what I was thinking. The calling just seemed so bad.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
phil and this girl who looked like a hooker

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 PM

wow Phil is such a [censored] nit
Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stop talking as if you even know how to calculate pot odds, let alone do simple addition. I played you on the party poker cruise and you didnt lay down t7 os to my four bet all in for 2k extra in a 10-20 game. You most probably would have called all in with your kings at the river if both helmuth and the chick had shown u their aces.

And LOL at you having to make the call with 74 os. Anyway people like me should be grateful for people like you because otherwise we wouldnt be so far to the right of Hernstein and Murray's bell curve.

So i am not going to flame you anymore.... donk

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you just made my day bud
Old 08-08-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stop talking as if you even know how to calculate pot odds, let alone do simple addition. I played you on the party poker cruise and you didnt lay down t7 os to my four bet all in for 2k extra in a 10-20 game. You most probably would have called all in with your kings at the river if both helmuth and the chick had shown u their aces.

And LOL at you having to make the call with 74 os. Anyway people like me should be grateful for people like you because otherwise we wouldnt be so far to the right of Hernstein and Murray's bell curve.

So i am not going to flame you anymore.... donk

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you just made my day bud

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that hellmuth insta pushes with a shortstack (he is just calling beth's all in) makes laying down kings in this situation even tougher. it is really likely that hellmuth has aces which makes it even tougher for beth to have aces. her most likely holdings are QQ JJ and AK. it doesn't matter if she thinks she is strong and so does hellmuth. laying down kings there is nearly impossible.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Did she telegraph how weak here K8 was preflop...she basically picked up the chips and slammed them on the table?

I thought he was going to Jam it all in pre flop after that...of course knowing the cards makes the decisions pretty simple.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...of course knowing the cards makes the decisions pretty simple.

[/ QUOTE ]