Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: The Well: the_main

I know if it could be bottled it would sell like gold, but what are some suggestions you have for managing tilt? It is so tough not to associate how we are running with how we are playing strictly from a psychological standpoint. As such, it is such a quick slide from running bad to playing bad. Even at my micro level I find that I get exceedingly frustrated when I'm whiffing every flop, getting raised every time I have nothing more than TP, and just generally can't seem to ever win. Thankfully this doesn't happen all of the time, but what techniques do you use to remember this WHILE it is happening?

Sorry this question became tl;dr. Cliff notes: What strategies do you depend upon to remain mostly tilt-free?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know if it could be bottled it would sell like gold, but what are some suggestions you have for managing tilt? It is so tough not to associate how we are running with how we are playing strictly from a psychological standpoint. As such, it is such a quick slide from running bad to playing bad. Even at my micro level I find that I get exceedingly frustrated when I'm whiffing every flop, getting raised every time I have nothing more than TP, and just generally can't seem to ever win. Thankfully this doesn't happen all of the time, but what techniques do you use to remember this WHILE it is happening?

Sorry this question became tl;dr. Cliff notes: What strategies do you depend upon to remain mostly tilt-free?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing more tables has helped me tremendously with tilt. I just don't try to make something out of nothing, because the next +ev situation is right around the corner.

Subsequently, after you've done this a whil and seen things balance out, you become more accepting and understanding of the swings. So yeah, basically experience.

Lastly, if you read my last blog post, I spoke on Anthonty Robbins book, "Unlimited power". It gives all kinds of methods to controling your brain and your state. Several of his techniques and ideas have helped me tremendously latley.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing more tables has helped me tremendously with tilt. I just don't try to make something out of nothing, because the next +ev situation is right around the corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

AAA+++
Agree with totally. Even a jump from one table to two as I did will make the trick (for a less experienced player like me).
Old 11-25-2007, 12:49 PM

sister and girlfriend are both =). (and of course i love the main, we all do)
Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks for doing the well Main.

Agree with all those that say you are a class dude. Interesting comment about being somewhat egoless...it's a very nice quality, and I'm sure it's a big reason why you rarely tilt.

Sooner or later we all get what we deserve in life and in poker.

Good luck at the tables.