Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

This guy has officially become an utter buffoon.

Saying that it's "OK because it's Mr. Liberal Negreanu doing it" is the same as saying that it was great when Ted Danson was doing it because "you know, he's having sex with that nasty Whoopi broad, who is BLACK."

How anyone could possibly be oblivious to the fact that blackface, under any circumstances whatsoever, is offensive...I don't know.

I think you'd have to be a sociopathic megalomaniac to believe that you're exempt from the obvious reaction to such a moronic thing.

And, perhaps even worse, it just wasn't funny at all.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:06 PM

I loved the video and applaud daniel's public creativity. What other poker player is so involved with the public? But for some reason, most posters on this site are just waiting for any reason to bash daniel. Do you want him to not do blogs anymore? I, for one, enjoy the opportunity to get inside the mind of a professional poker player.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the video and applaud daniel's public creativity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wish he'd had the balls to show us his shiny, slappy dome before his comb-over grows back into place instead of concealing it below a baseball cap and a set of fake dreadlocks.

I'd have more respect for him, for sure.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:12 PM

the whole segment was funny. you guys just enjoy tearing people down. go rot in a hole somewhere pls.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the whole segment was funny. you guys just enjoy tearing people down. go rot in a hole somewhere pls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leveling?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let me fix my original post:

If you love retro comedy minus the laughs and the titties, Daniel Negreanu is definitely the next Benny Hill.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that random idiots on internet forums do "enjoy tearing people down" but, Mike, this video was contrived, insulting, unfunny, classless and a dozen other pejoratives I can't think of at the moment.

I like DN, but that doesn't mean he gets a walk on crap like this. As an aspiring performing artist, he should be able to take a little criticism, anyway.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...this video was contrived, insulting, unfunny, classless and a dozen other pejorative adjectives I can't think of at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an accomplished writer, you certainly shouldn't get a walk on crap like the redundant phrase above.

Joking. I love your blog and your posts here.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...this video was contrived, insulting, unfunny, classless and a dozen other pejorative adjectives I can't think of at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an accomplished writer, you certainly shouldn't get a walk on crap like the redundant phrase above.

Joking. I love your blog and your posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thanks, but I did edit the original text to be less redunant
Old 02-14-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that random idiots on internet forums do "enjoy tearing people down" but, Mike, this video was contrived, insulting, unfunny, classless and a dozen other pejorative adjectives I can't think of at the moment.

I like DN, but that doesn't mean he gets a walk on crap like this. As an aspiring performing artist, he should be able to take a little criticism, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

his reply that, "he wanted to use brown" is being overlooked a bit. anyone who finds 'blackface' offensive isn't going to suddenly think it's okay if someone applies a whole bunch of brown shoe polish to their face. that whole line of daniel's rebuttal is the strangest thing to me.