Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: \"The Prestige\" wtf? (spoilers)

is the mole on the bridge of bale's nose on both brothers?
Old 10-21-2006, 11:17 AM

See I liked the ending b/c throughout the movie Jackman is kind of portrayed as the protagonist, and I wanted Bale the cooler, way more awesome and better magician to pull the last trick.

The only thing about this movie that "may" have been slightly less than average was that there were tons of hints that lead you to figure stuff out before they happened, plus you could figure out some things just b/c that was how the plot should have moved.

For instance: At the beginning when Jackman is drowning in the tub and Bale is on trial, I whisper to my gf and say, "he isn't dead, he's alive and that was part of the trick." Obviously I had no clue how he was alive, no way of knowing that but it seemed clear that he wasn't really dead.

When Jackman pulls the "great magic trick" of still being alive and Bale in jail awaiting his death, hahahahha, now your going to die [censored] trick. Well at that point the movie hadn't started to sum up so you knew there was one more twist and that twist was going to come from Bale...you don't know what it is going to be for sure but you know that he isn't going to die and that the plot has to flop one more time.

The last thing is that when Bale was saying his goodbye's to Foullin (sp?) it confused me as to why he was saying "I am so sorry for Sara" as he was walking away...plus the camera then zooms down to his gloved hand, I whispered to my gf again and said "is that Bale?" We agreed that it couldn't be but I mean with this show you never knew.

I thought this movie rocked.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:14 PM

I'm ok with the ending if:

They don't show us the gun before jackman tries cloning himself the first time and they don't show him shooting the first clone in the sequence near the end. Doing so kills their reveal since even the nubest audiance member knows wtf is going on at this point and pulling back to show all the dead clones becomes worthless.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See I liked the ending b/c throughout the movie Jackman is kind of portrayed as the protagonist, and I wanted Bale the cooler, way more awesome and better magician to pull the last trick.

The only thing about this movie that "may" have been slightly less than average was that there were tons of hints that lead you to figure stuff out before they happened, plus you could figure out some things just b/c that was how the plot should have moved.

For instance: At the beginning when Jackman is drowning in the tub and Bale is on trial, I whisper to my gf and say, "he isn't dead, he's alive and that was part of the trick." Obviously I had no clue how he was alive, no way of knowing that but it seemed clear that he wasn't really dead.

When Jackman pulls the "great magic trick" of still being alive and Bale in jail awaiting his death, hahahahha, now your going to die [censored] trick. Well at that point the movie hadn't started to sum up so you knew there was one more twist and that twist was going to come from Bale...you don't know what it is going to be for sure but you know that he isn't going to die and that the plot has to flop one more time.

The last thing is that when Bale was saying his goodbye's to Foullin (sp?) it confused me as to why he was saying "I am so sorry for Sara" as he was walking away...plus the camera then zooms down to his gloved hand, I whispered to my gf again and said "is that Bale?" We agreed that it couldn't be but I mean with this show you never knew.

I thought this movie rocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bale is telling his brother (who loved Sarah) he was sorry that he couldn't love her as well.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:44 PM

Dom,

The "he couldn't love her as well" I understood, no need to explain.

Now I did think that it was Bale's bro that was being dragged away and that he was the one in love with Olivia, thus "I am sorry for Sara" (the half of the sacrifice that drove her to her suicide and telling Bale sorry b/c the love of his life was gone)...it was Bale saying this to his brother, the other way around?
Old 10-21-2006, 01:12 PM

I saw it last night.

Very well acted and was interesting for 2 hours.

The most enjoyable part for me was how they screwed each others tricks up.

The ending was ok, neither amazing nor crappy.

For some reason I left thinking this movie could have been so much more. While entertaining I cannot say whether I would see this again or not.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:27 PM

I loved the movie. Thought it was very entertaining with pretty solid twists at the end.

I figured out exactly waht was up with the drowning guys trick right away but was pretty surprised by the other guy having a clone too.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:49 PM

Knew it was a identical twin brother half-way thru becuase the whole old chinese man thing. But I still thought it was a really cool movie. I just wish they could somehow make the plot work without the make-believe sci-fi part but theres no realistic way that could work so the cloning this is what we are left with.

Thing that im wondering is if Cutter knew about the twins the entire time, becuase at the end he didnt seem surprised at all.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whenever Jackman asked Bale wht nkot he used, he was asking the twin that did was NOT there - so he really didn't know which knot was used.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the only part that confused me. That is the only explanation for him not knowing which knot was used.

But if that is true, then why did they switch off working in the beginning? (when Danton's wife died)
Old 10-22-2006, 01:15 AM

So the clone at the end in the tank, was just that? A clone hiding in a tank? I felt as if there was something more i was missing?

Excellent movie.