Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Flop Bet/Folders

I open 89hh in CO. BB calls. Flop AK2 and BB bets out. He may be bluffing and fold to my raise, but I would usually fold to his donk bet so I don't consider donking and folding to a raise to be a bad play.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:01 PM

as before, i like c/r flop to pf raiser with strong hand.

these days, i more like bet/3bet. i play like this more than 80%.

when short-handed online, a lot of players do not believe you have a good hand when you bet into a pf raiser. most players will raise the flop. this gives you a chance to 3bet your strong hand. leading a lot also gives you more credit for your bluff/semi-bluff/marginal holdings. after you play like this couples of times, opponents is more unwilling to raise you on flop with overs and more like to fold if they miss. You also keep the pot small for your marginal holding OOP. After your opponents adjust to your play, you change gear and reverse the percent between c/r and donk.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:17 PM

Ok it folds to me on button and I have J5ss. I raise and BB calls. Flop comes down AK2 no spade. BB check I bet BB raise I fold. Leak?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok it folds to me on button and I have J5ss. I raise and BB calls. Flop comes down AK2 no spade. BB check I bet BB raise I fold. Leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, atleast that's pretty standard for me. He won't be able to bluff profitably on a flop like that in the long run aslong as you don't blow him of his hand when you do have the goods.

Back on topic. I never donk into the PFR, but I'll follow this discussion closely. I think it can be profitable if it's used right.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:12 PM

I know I talk a lot about predictability, and with little support from a lot of people, but it does seem like most of the time this donk is a bluff and I get bet/3bet very rarely. People save flop c/r's for their stronger hands, or even like to donk the flop with draws because the "3bet a c/r free card play" is popular at the table.

I do see the merits of doing this, as a thinking player vs. a thinking player and like it. Thanks, good input here.