Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Her response :

i've gotten threatening phone calls and very nasty emails all day ... there is no need for strangers to decide to threaten my life over something so trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, 2+2. Well done, mods. Proud as always to be part of such a fine group. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please remember it was Joy herself that posted her phone number and e-mail and challenged...

'Next time you want to pick on someone because you didn't get your way, I suggest you try ME one on one because i am MORE THAN WILLING to take you on'

'you've won the opportunity to go heads up against MY wrath! no one else'

'I hope access to my email address and personal cell phone number will quell any [censored] talking on here or 2+2 '

'I DARE YOU! I [censored] dare YOU'

'I DARE you to call us...ummm..what did you say? wrong, illegal and unethical to my [censored] face!

On the ice in Canada we call that 2 minutes for instigating.

While every group has someone who would likely go overboard in their communication, this gal btought this on herself.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM

Having casually read this thread on and off, one question I have is: was there really no way to be found to finish the tournament without ending it like some free poker night at a restaurant? For charity or not, there were some big prizes at stake. It just seems incredibly bush league to end it the way they did when the prizes couldn't be pooled and divided strictly on chip count. Particularly if it wasn't made clear to entrants in advance that this would be done.

I mean, there really wasn't any way to finish the tournament, even if they had to move somewhere else? No back rooms on the Playboy Mansion grounds? Hard to believe they didn't know in advance that the tournament would likely exceed the time they had. What excuse is there for that?

Sorry if this was previously answered and I missed it.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the quote was said AFTER Terrence told me that he would "give me a chance to make things right before he was forced to take matters in to his own hands". that was perceived by myself as a threat to bad mouth the event (which it has turned in to anyway), so my response was insinuating that he didn't have the clout of Johnny Chan (which he doesn't, seeing as crazy people are sending me threats about something that doesn't affect them). i wasn't insulting his poker play, simply responding that he shouldn't attempt to extort something from me when he couldn't back his threat up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. She truly is a moron.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Her response :

i've gotten threatening phone calls and very nasty emails all day ... there is no need for strangers to decide to threaten my life over something so trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, 2+2. Well done, mods. Proud as always to be part of such a fine group. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you assume that the threats were from people who post on 2+2?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 PM

i hope she NEVER works as a TD at any event im playing at ,,,
Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was there really no way to be found to finish the tournament without ending it like some free poker night at a restaurant? For charity or not, there were some big prizes at stake. It just seems incredibly bush league to end it the way they did when the prizes couldn't be pooled and divided strictly on chip count. Particularly if it wasn't made clear to entrants in advance that this would be done.

I mean, there really wasn't any way to finish the tournament, even if they had to move somewhere else? No back rooms on the Playboy Mansion grounds? Hard to believe they didn't know in advance that the tournament would likely exceed the time they had. What excuse is there for that?

Sorry if this was previously answered and I missed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Joy keeps saying that to continue the tournament she would have had to pay another $30,000 for another hour.

1) most of the staff had already left.
2) there was about 300 people still milling around about a half hour after the tourney ended so the time wasn't that critical
3) the blinds were so high and doubling every hand(no joke) that it would have only taken a few more hands to end it.

I believe with Elizabeth in the chip lead and able to fold her way to a win, the prospects of having another hollywood winner may have usurped Terrence's complaints over a fair ending. And he did complain.

What they easily could have done is just play a few more hands(maybe another 5 minutes) with the blinds doubling each hand. Terrence and Steve would have both been automtically all-in within a hand or two and although a crappy way to end it, at least there would have been a legitimate winner, 2nd and 3rd finisher.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Her response :

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, really. It might have been random homeless vets calling her.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Her response :

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, really. It might have been random homeless vets calling her.

[/ QUOTE ]

only person I see here saying they're getting threating calls/emails is the bitch in question. everything Ive seen to this point about emails sent/received have been cordial and non threating. Clear to the point, that people think Terrence was wronged sure, but threating? give me a break, sounds like a bitch without any more ammo to throw.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think she's mentally stable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This isn't losing her temper once; this is crazytime.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 PM

Here is an explanatory letter from Joy posted on Iggy's site. Y'all ever heard of Iggy? Iggy called Joy last night but he doesn't reveal their conversation. Hmmmm....
http://guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread