Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Entire 401k in ONE fund --- GOGOGO!

I made a post about my 401k last week, and this is the final question I have about it, but it's buried in other boring n00bish stuff.

So, anyway, here is the last post in that thread, and my question is, can I just put every penny in this fund and have that 80/20 balance and be happy with an agressive portfolio right now? (There is also moderate/low fund, but I'm young right now)

----------------------
Aggressive Asset Allocation Fund

(Here is the text copied from the PDF document)

Overall Morningstar Rating:

Morningstar Return:
Above Average

Morninstar Risk:
Low

(Then the text)
The fund invests in four underlying index funds that are designed to track market indices in the following proportions: 50% in the S&P 500 Index, 15% in the Russell Small Cap Completeness Index, 15% in the Morgan Stanley EAFE Index and 20% in the Lehman Brothers Aggregate Bond Index. Monthly rebalancing is used to maintain the fixed proportions. To increase index tracking accuracy and provide liquidity, up to 5% of the Fund may be held in index futures contracts. The Fund also generates some income by loaning securities to creditworthy financial institutions. The Fund seeks to produce long-term growth of capital and income. This Fund may be appropriate for an investor who prefers an aggressive risk exposure or for an investor who is many years away from retirement, if used as a primary investment option. The Fund may also be appropriate to add diversification if used in conjunction with several other investment options.

-------------------

It seems like that's what I'm trying to do, and they do it for me. Should I just dump all of my money in here? -
Old 11-06-2006, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Entire 401k in ONE fund --- GOGOGO!

What's the expense ratio for this fund? Monthly rebalancing may be a bit excessive and expensive.

Ponks
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Entire 401k in ONE fund --- GOGOGO!

Well, it's getting addressed in my other thread ... (I thought that thread would die with the low level stuff I was writing - but it got another comment)

So, perhaps you could address my concept of what I think are fees in my other thread?

Thanks