Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: ** Lounge Poker Talk **

well yesterday was a fun day...dropped 10 buy-ins in one session. Hands included flopping top set with KK on a K84 board, seeing the turn and river go A, Ace, and losing to A8.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 12:12 PM

Dude,

Calling a pre-flop raise with terrible cards and calling a bet on the flop when he missed it completely. That's pretty LOL. I hope you took some of the guy's money.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:24 PM

TDA,

That's quite standard play against all but the loosest and most passive opponents. And even against them, I'd consider 3betting the river because of the chance of a janky two pair. If he got that far with J2s, he could have gotten there with 93, 63, K3, or Q3.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TDA,

That's quite standard play against all but the loosest and most passive opponents. And even against them, I'd consider 3betting the river because of the chance of a janky two pair. If he got that far with J2s, he could have gotten there with 93, 63, K3, or Q3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really thought I was good there. Especially after he didn't cap the river.

What are your thoughts on 3betting any pair pf in 6max against these types of players?
Old 08-24-2007, 12:43 PM

That strongly depends on the positions of both of you and how much this guy raises preflop. My first inclination is that 3betting any PP is a bad idea from most combinations of positions for you two. I'd only really think about it if he was opening from the button and you were in the SB.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM

Yeah - and sadly he left right after that hand. Oh well. So it goes. I took a long break from limit, and I'm finding it crazier and swingier than ever. I don't know if it's just the low limits or just 6max, and obviously I want to face players like this, but sometimes it just boggles my mind the way these guys play.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:52 PM

I don't play nearly as much as I used to on-line thanks to our Govt Anti-On-Line-Gambling moves.

I used to be comfortably rolled for 2-4 or 3-6 and did well in full ring limit games. After the whole government thing, Neteller fiasco, paying for my part of a kids wedding and some car repair bills that I paid for out of my "poker money" that roll is greatly reduced and I don't see it as getting much better playing .5-.10. :-)

Now, have about $40 left on Pokerstars and just dork around playing .5-.10 limit to kill time every now and then.
I play live whenever I have a chance. I play up in Billings every now and then and when I travel I try and find places that have poker rooms, like Las Vegas.

Speaking of Las Vegas, I will be there from Sept 16th to the 21st!!! Yahooo!!! Training class during the day and Poker at night! I'll actually have a car for this trip, which is a first for me in Vegas, and may actually venture out to check out some new places like the Orleans, the Silverton or who knows what. Well, either that or I may just be plopped down in the Excalibur poker room ballin' it up at 2-4 drinking Miller Lights and Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris every night too.
Anyway, if anyone is in Vegas at that time and wants to meet up, let me know and I'll see what I can do!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

Calling a pre-flop raise with terrible cards and calling a bet on the flop when he missed it completely. That's pretty LOL. I hope you took some of the guy's money.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you not understand my post? I lost TEN BUY-INS. Whose money do you think I took?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Dom

come play nl100 FR at my tables. It's way less aggravating to lose to a decent player.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:55 AM

okay, I won back 5 of the damn buy-ins I lost yesterday. frickin' poker.