Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: fantasy sports forum?

[ QUOTE ]
Mat told me via PM I could create the poll, so here it is

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10898463

[/ QUOTE ]

I am ineligible to vote in your poll, but I would probably lurk and post in a fantasy sports forum a lot between August and December. I think your assumption that a Fantasy Sports Forum would consist mostly of the current Sports Forum crew may be flawed.

I don't care to talk sports because everyone is biased to some degree, but Fantasy is not about bias or being a homer, it's about value and decision-making.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mat told me via PM I could create the poll, so here it is

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10898463

[/ QUOTE ]

I am ineligible to vote in your poll, but I would probably lurk and post in a fantasy sports forum a lot between August and December. I think your assumption that a Fantasy Sports Forum would consist mostly of the current Sports Forum crew may be flawed.

I don't care to talk sports because everyone is biased to some degree, but Fantasy is not about bias or being a homer, it's about value and decision-making.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that fantasy sports might have different posters than sporting events, there really isn't any reason that fantasy sports posters couldn't have posted in the many threads that were in the sports forum on the subject. I've never tried to restrict posting on the subject.

I think the more valid reason though is that I don't believe that subject matter that makes up a significant part of a forums posting should ever be split off without the support of that forums posters.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:57 PM

I'd be happy to pitch in and help with this as well if you wanted backup, MEb.

Nice crossover between our two forums.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 PM

most of the naysayers are against it not because they would miss the content, but because they don't like creating new forums / don't think it would take off. i think it's one thing if the users are advocating to keep the content, another if they just feel 'meh' about the topic in general, which i think is the case here.

basically, i think this forum is a good idea regardless of the outcome of the poll in sports. but i respect the opinions of the mods who have been in charge of sports and that kind of thing, and would like to continue to hear their thoughts on this.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 PM

NT,

that is a reasonable argument, and I'd suggest making that argument to the sports posters. I'm going to standby whatever they choose though, whether or not I necessarily agree with it.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NT,

that is a reasonable argument, and I'd suggest making that argument to the sports posters. I'm going to standby whatever they choose though, whether or not I necessarily agree with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT IF THEY VOTE TO KILL ALL THE JEWS
Old 06-22-2007, 10:21 PM

FWIW the change I would like to see in sports is less year long giant "official" threads that really intimidate noobs and Didses.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A fantasy football forum would be good for the Playground in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

With quite a few people opposed to the idea in the Sporting Events forum, I think this is the route to go.

I'm skeptical there would be much activity in a fantasy sports forum outside of August (for football) and March (for baseball).
Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 PM

seems like there's some support for the idea, but also a good deal of opposition... i remain optimistic about it, but what i'm going to do for now is try starting weekly threads in the sports forum, as several people suggested, to see what the reaction is. we can revisit this later in the summer - i don't know much about fantasy football but i will help out if there's need for the forum then.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:33 PM

Bump:

[ QUOTE ]
A fantasy football forum would be good for the Playground in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't actually want to do this myself because I don't care about Fantasy Football, but the playground has been golf for what, 2-3 months now?