Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: fantasy sports forum?

All,

I don't really care either way on this issue, but for reasons similar to POG, I think this forum would likely be pretty active and successful.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this forum would likely be pretty active and successful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna play devil's advocate to myself.

Reasons I would be in favor of this split

1. Forum would likely create more traffic between the fantasy forum and sports forum than the current sports forum alone does.

2. Even though the sports regulars I talk to all like the fantasy stuff sticking in the sports forum, this could be one of those things where they object now, but once its setup they'd post a ton in the new forum anyways.

3. Honestly if the new forum is set up I'd want to mod it. Can I call dibs since its stuff thats already currently in a forum that I mod?

So how about this. Since the sports forum is the one most directly effected by it, I will hold a vote old school survivor style where only posters with >100 votes reg'd before 5/1/07 and with at least 5 posts in sports in the last month vote in the open if they'd like to see a fantasy sports forum split off. If the split wins we split it off.

Does that sound fair to everyone? Ya know the idea of actually letting the people that the split would effect decide whether we should split it or not instead of the usual way of going about these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you need to do a vote?

open it up and mod it with NT.

done.

the sheep will follow
Old 06-22-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Forum would likely create more traffic between the fantasy forum and sports forum than the current sports forum alone does.

2. Even though the sports regulars I talk to all like the fantasy stuff sticking in the sports forum, this could be one of those things where they object now, but once its setup they'd post a ton in the new forum anyways.

3. Honestly if the new forum is set up I'd want to mod it. Can I call dibs since its stuff thats already currently in a forum that I mod?

So how about this. Since the sports forum is the one most directly effected by it, I will hold a vote old school survivor style where only posters with >100 votes reg'd before 5/1/07 and with at least 5 posts in sports in the last month vote in the open if they'd like to see a fantasy sports forum split off. If the split wins we split it off.

Does that sound fair to everyone? Ya know the idea of actually letting the people that the split would effect decide whether we should split it or not instead of the usual way of going about these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

done.

the sheep will follow

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? This attitude is awful. Why would you rip content out of a forum without the support of that forum's mod or its posters?

Every successful split of forums has come with the pre-existing support of the posters from the forum it was split out of.

p.s. You have zero posts in the sports forum in the last year, probably ever. Your opinion should not even remotely be taken into account in this decision.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

done.

the sheep will follow

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? This attitude is awful. Why would you rip content out of a forum without the support of that forum's mod or its posters?

Every successful split of forums has come with the pre-existing support of the posters from the forum it was split out of.

p.s. You have zero posts in the sports forum in the last year, probably ever. Your opinion should not even remotely be taken into account in this decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!

you are one tiltin' dude.

hope you don't do this while playing poker.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:09 PM

let me know when you are ready
Old 06-22-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me know when you are ready

[/ QUOTE ]

ready to run poll or ready to open forum?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

done.

the sheep will follow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!

you are one tiltin' dude.

hope you don't do this while playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly slightly over the top? yes

the thing is, I'd personally like this forum, I just would like to see it done in a way fair to the posters.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:32 PM

Mat told me via PM I could create the poll, so here it is

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10898463
Old 06-22-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this forum would likely be pretty active and successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup yup. I think it would probably be OK.