Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: nl50 flop nuts but donīt know...

He could really have anything. I would probably assume he has Kx, x being anything other then A. Tough spot, but i would probably check/call and hope for KJ/K10. He may even be playing a 78 here.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM

I don't think he's min-raising a pot-sized bet, then flat-calling a 4-bet, then calling a turn bet with a player behind him with "anything" on that board on the turn. If he's doing that with 2 pair even it's pretty bad, I think. That doesn't change much on the river of course.

I didn't notice the question about other streets before but I agree with Kurto that you should raise more on the flop and bet more on the turn. I'd even raise to as much as 15 on the flop, if they both call you can just shove the turn. With the interest both players have shown in the pot I'm not too worried about blowing them off their hands.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:47 PM

i dont know much but isnt the flop just too good for me to risk anyone folding with betting more than 11$ (though i agree that i couldīve bet slightly more)
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM

You don't have any read on UTG, but with BB's stats I don't think he's min-raising that flop with someone to act behind except with a hand he wants to build a big pot with, so having the nuts I'd go ahead and accomodate him. I doubt he's folding as much as you think he is. UTG's range is similarly draws or 2 pair+ hands but it's unlikely a larger raise folds them both out, and it's also quite possible that if UTG does have a draw that he'll feel he has too good of odds to fold after BB calls.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know much but isnt the flop just too good for me to risk anyone folding with betting more than 11$ (though i agree that i couldīve bet slightly more)

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to sort of think this way, but the truth is if they will call 9 they will probably call a pot sized raise too, about 13.5 if my math is right. it also sets up an easy turn push.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 PM

I would raise a bit more on the flop in order to make it easier to get your money in on the turn. With the stack sizes you should just try and get the money in quickly.