Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Two pair with the worst turn card

[ QUOTE ]
I think that shoving here is pretty bad. BB has a Q here just about always and you are a 70/30 dog to any Q. I don't think that FE makes up this gap. If you call and a heart comes, he is still calling because he is going to think that he is splitting.

Plus you don't get a chance to draw to a royal very often <Joking>

SMS

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you put BB on a Q here almost always? I really want to know what range you'd put him on that would make villain want to call with Q-x? Is it not realistic he called with A-x and is trying to take the pot away on the turn?

The only Q-x hand I could possibly see here is QJ. The price preflop obviously allowed him to call and in turn he flopped the nuts. But with the CO raise and the call from the button you'd have to put one of them on an Ace, which is the case here.

I just call here, I like the position and the hand. I can't see what river card would make me fold. Plus if villain indeed has the Q, there's the chance to fill up or make a flush.

Then again, I've been known to make a bad read or 2.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoving is retardedededed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 AM

I guess it is more experience than actual hand reading. Donk bets like this are almost alway the Q imo. He could have all type of Qs. AQ, KQ, QT, QJ all would play this way.

SMS
Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only Q-x hand I could possibly see here is QJ. The price preflop obviously allowed him to call and in turn he flopped the nuts. But with the CO raise and the call from the button you'd have to put one of them on an Ace, which is the case here.

[/ QUOTE ]
He could easily show up with AQ/KQ here. I think he would play both this way, I think he plays AQ this way close to 100%. I wouldn't be suprised if he has QT either.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 AM

When I first read the hand I thought shove and that's prolly what I would have done.
But after reading the other posts I came to the conclusion that calling is definitly better in this spot.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] He could easily show up with AQ/KQ here. I think he would play both this way, I think he plays AQ this way close to 100%. I wouldn't be suprised if he has QT either.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this is irrelevant anyways. The only play is to call just based on our hand strength/draw strength and the board.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He could easily show up with AQ/KQ here. I think he would play both this way, I think he plays AQ this way close to 100%. I wouldn't be suprised if he has QT either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree with AQ based on his stats but not KQ or QT. Either way OP has to see this river.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] He could easily show up with AQ/KQ here. I think he would play both this way, I think he plays AQ this way close to 100%. I wouldn't be suprised if he has QT either.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this is irrelevant anyways. The only play is to call just based on our hand strength/draw strength and the board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because it's irrelevanm as for the turn decision doesn't mean it's irrelevant for the hand or a as a discusion though.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I like to play my cards, and only my cards, and never consider what my opponent may have.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He could easily show up with AQ/KQ here. I think he [ QUOTE ]
would play both this way, I think he plays AQ this way close to 100%. I wouldn't be suprised if he has QT either.

[/ QUOTE ] All of this is irrelevant anyways. The only play is to call just based on our hand strength/draw strength and the board.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I like to play my cards, and only my cards, and never consider what my opponent may have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah that's exactly what I was saying. All I meant was whether villain has a queen here 5% of the time or 100% of the time doesn't change our decision because of our hand strangth, draw strength, and the board.