Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: The movement to remove shortstackers!!!

I don't think 30 mins is enough but oh well. It is only a problem in higher stakes games were there are less tables. Am I correct that they would still have regular 20bb min tables and 50bb min tables? If they do it this way I don't see why anyone would complain, no matter what side of the argument you are on.

Like some others have mentioned, I doubt this happens below 5/10 anyway.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:21 PM

back in the day you could buy into sites for 10bbs. then the movement towards 20bbs was the norm. now people want 50bbs to be the minimum. here is my take on strategeries and games.

Poker is a strategy game just like any other strategy game. different players are gonna choose different strategies that match their personalities. Just like any other game there will be ways to combat such strategies.
in chess you have things like the sicilian, kings indian, caro-kann and the french defense. During each strategies hayday it may have been considered unbeatable, but it was never banned.

The only time a strategy should be banned from play is when you are put into a situation where you have to either employ that strategy or lose. Back when i use to play professional magic this kinda thing happened every 3 months, and bannings would go across the board and people would come up with new strategys, and the game would be balanced again. I have been in videogame tournaments where they outlawed certain Characters because they were so powerful that you could not beat them unless u were playing the same unbeateable character. now in these 2 situations it is proper to ban a certain strategy to create a balance in the game.

In poker shortstacking is not a overly powerful strategy. if there are only 1 or 2 players doing it for every 9 players, then that is not ruining games. second of all, 99% of shortstackers play like %%%% and dont understand the idea/concepts behind the strategy. the best short stackers play near a 9/9 style and in the long run make about as much as a typical full buyin TAG who belongs at their respective level. and IMO it is unwise to let the elitist few in poker make decisions to basically ban a strategy because it it affects the way they want to play. whats gonna happen in the future when people complain about all the tight players? ban people from playing tight!?!?

you may stop the top 50 SSers from making money, but lose the other 9,950 losing players who try and fail miserably at successfully shortstacking.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:26 PM

ATT all shortstackers

plz go die =(

i hope they raise it and u go broke because "you can't adapt" LOL as for all the shortstackers that try to take advantage of the fact that this is the only way they can make any money at the game since they would be destroyed by any competent regulars at their corresponding stake.

as for the bad shortstackers, they will just move down a stake and buy in for same $ amount. So really the only people that will care are the ones that are good and should die anyway because its common knowledge shortstackers have no soul.

rant over
Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 PM

You figured it out...I couldn't make money at poker otherwise
you're so smart

/sarcasm
Old 09-12-2007, 06:37 PM

also one more thing that should be said about shortstackers is the only reason u can shortstack in the first place is because its online and u can just double up and leave tables, u can't do that live for the most part because not that many tables run. Which is why its such a problem online and not live, im sure no one here would object to someone buyin in short and playing, but the fact that they hit and run and just shortstack another table is ridiculous and the entire reason why we hate shortstackers.

Seriously if my best friend told me he was a shortstacker, we wouldn't be friends anymore, i think they all are retarded cowards trying to look for a loophole trying to make money in games where they are easily the worst players at and just standing behind the fact that they cannot be exploited for the most part by the better players
Old 09-12-2007, 06:39 PM

mkay, I'll post just one of the 25-50 dumb SS plays I saw in about 300 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($47.45)
BB ($29.50)
UTG ($61.50)
UTG+1 ($45.50)
MP1 ($63.50)
MP2 ($83.40)
MP3 ($64.45)
CO ($16.65)
Hero ($95.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, CO calls $1.50.

Turn: ($11.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, CO calls $5.50.

River: ($22.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5.65 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $5.65.

Final Pot: $34.05

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has 7c 9c (one pair, fours).
Hero has As Ad (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins $34.05. </font>
Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 PM

Honestly I would MUCH rather they raised the rathole limit to an hour than raise the min BI.

That way the professional "system" SSers would have a harder time making a living and the retard donk shortstackers who are only sitting at 400nl because they have $80 in their account will still be able to play!!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:43 PM

I've done it live before
and I hit and run there

wait the 2 hours...do it again
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also one more thing that should be said about hud users is the only reason u can use a hud in the first place is because its online , u can't do that live because people won't hold their stats over their heads for you.
Seriously if my best friend told me he was a hud user, we wouldn't be friends anymore, i think they all are retarded cowards trying to look for a loophole trying to make money in games ....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've done it live before
and I hit and run there

wait the 2 hours...do it again

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about doing this in vegas, double up, walk across the street, double up, walk across the street.