Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

well hot damn, people's applications are really frickin good in this thread.

let me just tell you straight up, i have an account on here that's being unbanned right now (mugatu668, bc they thought I was a scammer). I can beat up to NL10 really easy and can probably beat NL 25 but I've only played a few thousand hands there. I lost my BR playing high stakes sng's and I'm trying to rebuild it.

I'm looking for a $100 stake to start grindin at NL5 and move up (with any coaching possible). I have given a decent amount of advice in microstakes NL forum (if you'd like me to, I will pick 10 threads and post my advice in them and them PM them to you and you can see if you like my advice).

unfortunately, these are the only stats I have. but I think even with big variance these stats show that I am breakeven at worst.

TY for looking at my app. I would probably get this up to $1,000 if everything goes as planned, and then try to build my BR without this stake.

i would also play a few small MTT's ($<11)

edit: i should also add that when i have a decent BR I tend to give away a lot of stakes and be charitable in BBV, unfortunately they have only lost me money lol. I've given out a $27 stake, a $50 stake, and a few small ones
Old 09-02-2007, 06:46 PM

AIM: pocakey

Looking for long-term coaching relationship more than a pure blind stake. Money at this point is not a real concern, but would like the coach to have a vested interest in my success.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:47 PM

I've been playing poker for just over 2 years, most of which I had spent playing MTTs. Some time earlier this year I went through a 2 month cold streak and decided to give learning cash games a serious shot. It didn't take me long before I realized how I had wasted so much time devoting energy to playing tournaments.

It's only been a few months since I started playing cash games and I honestly feel that I have learned fairly quickly. I feel that, with coaching from someone such as yourself, I definitely have the potential to beat stakes higher than what I currently play. I recently started grinding 200nl and have logged just over 30k hands to date at that limit after having started at lower limits and working my way up. The majority of the cash game play from the images below is during the period of Dec06-Jan07 and June07-Current.

I'll be turning 33 in a couple of weeks. I don't work a regular job and have been living off of poker winnings, as well as dipping into the savings from time to time, for the past few years. Prior to playing poker I ran my own computer security consulting business. I could never go back to working a regular job at this point. I'm determined to make it as a poker player.

The reason I'm asking you for this opportunity is that I honestly see it as just that; an opportunity for me to, hopefully, take advantage of your knowledge and cash position. It would give me an opportunity to do two very important things: learn from you and boost my earning potential.

The timing of this is interesting considering I've been looking to hire a coach for a few weeks now. I had actually started up with someone but he's proven to be unreliable so far and just yesterday I decided to start looking elsewhere. If you don't decide to pick me, I'd be interested in talking to you about something that involves just coaching as well.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:50 PM

Hey jfish and other high stakes guys,

Awesome work getting this happening here at 2+2, I've never liked the look of other staking sites so I'd given up on the idea of being staked. This seems like a good opportunity though and I'd like to be considered if anyone is interested in staking/giving advice as low as the $5/6 level SnGs.

I've been grinding the $2 turbo SnG's from a $50 deposit, and here are my results so far: (220 of the 404 regular games are actually turbo's, PT started counting separately after update..)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers guys.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:00 PM

okay, i looked, and it turns out i have way more hands here then i thought i did. i was a bit nervous to post this graph, but i think you will understand.

These are most of the hands i played this summer while working 70 hours a week. i've since corrected my tilt issues, and have an outstanding perspective that i didnt have before on winning/losing. as for the nl100 debacle, i was running 3ptbb/100 while tilting before the megalifetilt session, which was caused by me losing money in a business venture that i was spending 70 hours a week on. i now have an amazing amount of emotional control that i've never had previously. i've also corrected the leak of calling 3bets oop so much.

the sick part is that if i can put in that many hands while i have no time, imagine how many i can put in now that i have nothing to do but play poker/school/party.

i've traded/bet with caseS87, limitninja, thefaucet (rip), and fonkey123.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:05 PM

I would be interested in this depending of course on the arrangements.

My lifetime from .25/.50 - 1/2 is around 6-7PTBB/100 in well over 200,000 hands, but don't have the exact numbers as my database was lost and only currently have last 30K hands. I got stuck in a cycle for an age in always drawing too much money out and not moving up as I should. Just got back to 1/2 after dropping my roll down to 2k to buy a new car. Currently a little over 7k. I have no pressing issues currently on my money so hope and expect to move up some over the next few months anyway. But a staking deal which invloves me being able to improve my game further with coaching whilst padding mine and the stakers bankroll does hold a ton of appeal.

Am trying to move into more HU play and run at >15PTBB/100 so far but over a fairly insignificant sample size.

I think my game is pretty strong for my current level and find most other TAGs at 1/2 very exploitable. I also consider myself almost entirely tilt free at the tables. I work pretty hard at my game and am certainly not looking for any free rides.

I play mainly on FullTilt but have accounts on Party, Ldbrokes, Pokerstars and Ipoker as well.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:14 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

dont have much playing experience but ive been on 2p2 and reading strat for the past 3 years lol. word
Old 09-02-2007, 07:17 PM

i'm good
Old 09-02-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jfish, your posts in msnl often make my nose bleed because they are the exact opposite of what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets not mince words, just call me a fish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, one day you'll stop running hotter than sun, just like this aba guy.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 PM

sup jfish, jsnipes

this is my summer graph

I'm currently playing NL200 and some NL400, just trying to get some hands in. I'm pretty disciplined in the ways of the pokers and I'd love to get staked to play 3/6 or 5/10.

I've been bankrolling pretty nitty due to the fact that I have to pay for school and everything but a stake would really allow me to move up more aggressively and totally robustownnnn in poker especially with some guidance and coaching

I'm currently running really hot.. (so take advantage now!) and I feel that with some tweaking in my post flop play I can easily bump that bb/100 up 2-3 points. I'd really like to open up my game and gain an edge at more tables that I'm sitting at.
on top of everything, I'm easy to get a hold of in #msnl

sooo stake me baby!
Closed Thread