Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Frustrated Poker Players on ESPN

There was an interview with Jamie Gold sooner in this years WSOP, where he was complaining that he thinks players don`t have enough starting chips in the smaller events. (I believe it was a 3000$ buyin NLH event)

What TexRef is pointing out fits perfectly for Gold in my opinion. He had such a huge stack early in the ME last year, he was able to afford calling every bet preflop and than catching huge hands and rolling on.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have never heard Raymer complain once - even after the horrific beat he took from Kanter in 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because Raymer understands the enormous variance inherent in donkaments....most others don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

closest Raymer came to complaining was after that hand saying "You tried to give me all of your chips.", but he said it with a sense of humor.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 PM

I think in all WSOP episodes from 04 till 07 Raymer showed class (at least what was shown on TV). Just remember when Matusow was berating him, Raymer didn`t go off or something. Not shaking Matusow`s hand was just fine.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyway to all who think Moneymaker didnt go overboard with his huffing and puffing, i stand by it...i think hes turned into a frustrated as*...on an ESPN chat, i remember the first question was "is moneymaker your real name?"...its a stupid question and hes been asked it a thousand times, but answer it a 1001 times with class...people are curious and this is the first time they are speaking to you...he answered "are you seriously ansking that question?"...a bit off topic but the minute i saw him do that i knew the attention fame had A) gotten to his head B) gotten to much to handle...your a former world champ...act the part with class please

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. The people were asking him ridiculous question after ridiculous question at the table. Let's assume before his luckbox win Moneymaker wasn't much at table-talk, why should he change now. I remember watching this and thinking if it was me I would be pissed off.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 AM

I'm not a "professional" poker player like all your 2+2ers but Gold getting knocked out was the highlight of my 07 ME so far (last episode I've seen)
Getting shortstacked on bad bluffs & better opponent calls...."we're wise to you" says the bald Swede calling his Ace high bluff.
Gold getting bluffed off his winning hand right before he went out was another highlight......
In my opinion he plays WAY to many hands.......thinking they're going to magically win like they did last year.
See ya in 08' Gold.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:15 AM

[x] Can't find edit button.

Re-reading the thread.....
[ QUOTE ]
you forgot to mention Gold complaining, saying how "sick" it was, and storming away from the table when he made a straight w/ 52o and had to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic: He had the low end of flushed out board with a higher straight possible.........
Not only did the one person flop the nut flush....and another a lower flush....there was someone w/ A7, making a higher straight. He was 4th out of 4 with his straight but he still mumbled how "sick" that hand was.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Gold going out quickly was amazing....the second he started blabbing his big mouth in the FIRST hand with NOTHING I knew he would be out quickly.

He can only play if he has a big stack.....as the table bully.

Houggard had him the entire time....even called out his hand. "I can beat your J, 10", which was spot on to what Gold had. Wouldve loved to see him call that bluff.

Gold is terrible. TERRIBLE.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:01 PM

I get a kick out of how so many of you are so quick to opine about how someone like a Chris Moneymaker should act four years after he won the ME. Seriously, for most of you, the high point of your life was in hitting three Liberty Bells on a scratch off lottery ticket. Yet, you know exactly how he and Hachem and others that you have an axe to grind against, should act at EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY.

Yes, Hachem was an idiot to whine about his bad luck as if it was the story of his life. BUT, if you look at his comments in total since he won he is extremely humble, grateful and understands that luck played a significant role in his winning the ME.

No one understands that more than Moneymaker and I would suspect that he has told more interviewers that he considers himself very lucky to have won then any other MR winner.

If any of you who keep trashing these guys actually play tournaments on a regular basis you will see that the comments you are hearing are pretty mild.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 PM

u guys probably didn't see shannon Elizabeth complaining about the other guy when she got rivered, one of the guy said that shannon is old and not hot anymore and they would rather see Kathy liebert naked than her, that pissed Shannon off and called the floorman but unfortunately the floorman agreed with the other guy.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:08 AM

I gotta say that if all this hate is based on this week's episode of the ME then I just do not get it.

Was I watching the same broadcast? Moneymaker and Gold were both obviously frustrated but they also clearly held themselves accountable and yelled at no one for their misfortune. What are you all talking about?

Gold explicitly said he played like crap about 5 times, how is this complaining about anything but himself? This guy is getting way too much held over animosity, he hasn't said anything obnoxious on tv since last years ME, give him a break already. Surely his antics are not worth starting another thread over.